When To Start International School?

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Singapore' started by Sweetygals, May 28, 2017.

1. Sweetygals

Sweetygals Silver IL'ite

My kid is 2 year old. Planning to start school. Found a nearby play group. But i heard we need to register in pcf now itself for next year for nursery1. Also we might go back to india so thinking to put her in international schools so that she dont suffer when we go back to india. Should i put her in nearby schools for nursery. Then international schools for k1? Can please guide. Please note we are in work pass. These n1, k1 are quite confusing terns to me ☺

2. Sweetygals

Sweetygals Silver IL'ite

Is PCF school in clementi good? In general is PAP schools are good?

3. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sweetygals,

Welcome to SG. PAP schools are in general good. N1 N2 is basically prenursery and nursery. K1 K2 are LKG and UKG. I don't think it makes much difference if you put your child in international or local school during the pre-primary years, because what is taught is the same, not much difference in syllabus. Local school is be slightly cheaper than international ones, that's all.

Hope this helps. All the best!

4. Sweetygals

Sweetygals Silver IL'ite

Hi Akila,
    Just want to know if kid completes K2 in PCF and does not get admission in Local school. Can i join her/him in january indian international school in middle of 1st standard..
    Or should i wait for that year to complete then on april( new academic year) only i can put her/him in international school?
    My question if i dont get local school will my kid 1 year will be wasted?
    Please help

5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi, very sorry for the late reply. Usually the international schools here give admissions in Dec/ Jan for kids who did not get into to local schools.