100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sorry for the late welcome @hermitcrab. Do drop in more often. It is nice to see you here.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I am sitting at my PC and browsing aimlessly. This is a time when my mind is miles away from my eyes. Distrait? Is that what you call it? There is a knock at the door. I am back dad, announces my daughter from the door followed by a kiss on the back of my head. I am overwhelmed with relief. Don't we feel uneasy until our daughter is back home? My daughter is 47 but does it make a father's concern any less?

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

What a lovely thread. It's nice to be back actively in IL and to find so many nice threads around. God knows, we need a lot of positivity, given the realities of day-to-day existence these days.

My positive thoughts for the day.

It poured cats and dogs last night with thunder and lightening, but no electricity for hours. The BH came driving in that storm when he came back from work. Broke his number plate in the swirling waters on the road but he came back safe and sound.

Got a good night's sleep after a long time. Thank God for weekends!

Lady Anatole came this morning and made a nice breakfast for me. Woman Friday came which is a blessing! :) Am feeling happy. Why? Well, because ..... haven't I at least 3 reasons?

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    Laks09, Rihana and Gauri03 like this.
  4. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

2016 was about losing weight. Then on losing weight, I swore to not overlook such lapse and bring myself to another such desperate hardship. 2017 is all about maintaining weight.

I weigh myself every weekend to ensure that I am in the range (1 kilo tolerance).

Capture.PNG

Mid of the year, still on track (or steady) at 50 kilos. Rather than wait for the scale to tip 55 kilos, I would do something when it tends to tip at 51 kilos. Focus, steady and steadfast is the goal of 2017 in terms of weight (and all aspects of life).

paru123, Laks09, Rihana and 2 others like this.
  5. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

All the non-vegetarian talk in Gabfest has inspired me to have something hatke for lunch today. This whole month I have been dining out mostly. Positive: Home cooking!

(1) Shrimp schezwan rice
    (2) Guacamole
    (3) Chilly devilled eggs
    (4) Sour cream, carrot, chilly raita

Saturday-Lunch.jpg

6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Iravati
    During my association of over ten long years in IL, I have hardly paid any visit to other areas where the highly youthful language in these fora scares me away. I suddenly thought 'Cheeniya, no one is going to boot you out. Just go there and make a try'. I did and the warm welcome that I got for my post here has given me the confidence that I will not be unwelcome here. Thank you for your warm welcome and nice words.

Anisu and satchitananda like this.
  7. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Ayyo! We are (or I am) not as youthful or springy and at times those blighted millennials scare me with their chat-style language and fluid temperament.

Boot? After thirty everyone is an old fogey. I like that identifier. A sweet resignation takes over all of us that we have moved to the next “uncritical” phase of life. There are two kinds of happy campers. Below thirties and experimental about life. Above thirties and exempted from life. Nothing sensational to hoot or boot anymore. While millennials are scrambling to create memories, the middlescent are struggling to retain the vignettes of the erstwhile flashy life, as well as, forging positive narratives in their now unexceptional life.

My expression is invariably proportional to my excitement. If I have blabbered too much while greeting you, that is only because I was excited to see you here. In fact you and Peppers were the unexpected yet cherished visitors and my reaction, expression and enthuuuusiasm on such knock! knock! reunions never abates. Everyone knows that Cheeniya the rambler is accomplished but hardly has anyone suspected that Cheeniya the one-eyed positivist is also remarkable and will cast his charm once again in this never-before-seen debut.

To be unfair to the others yet dispassionate in verdict, your one-eyed post has reset the ethos of the thread. Your timely post was the epitome of positivity we are trying to foster here. Thank you for hopping by. Do stay, stick, amuse us, in whatever way you deem comfortable.

8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Learnt that we get hurt because of allowing oneself... still have the courage to be gentle and loving ...

kaniths, Rihana, Cheeniya and 2 others like this.
  9. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Quiet, lazy Saturday after weeks of incessant work and engagements. That I can have such a day is reason enough for gratitude.

Discovered my first tomato of the season. Grew these plants from seed and have worked hard at taking care of them. All for the joy of seeing that little green orb. : )

Tomato.jpeg

Giri12, kaniths, Sandycandy and 8 others like this.
  10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

It poured yesterday and the weather has really cooled down. Feels like monsoon weather.

Laks09, Gauri03, Rihana and 1 other person like this.