Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Cimorene, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Why would a woman refuse the food cooked by a man after the fight? I am surprised, or curious.

Food and fight are two separate things. No? You fight, you eat and then fight some more with that renewed energy.

satchitananda likes this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Viswa is not our typical Bharatiya purush. : ) I quote:

Though, w.r.t the question - 'men and cooking', I noticed in the InstantPot recipes thread, that Viswa's recipes have ingredients list without amounts, and the picture is of food in the IP itself. And the recipe is brief with no watch-out's, and no " if not this then that alternate's" and the like.

Laks09 and satchitananda like this.
  3. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Unbelievable!

Alarming!

This settles men and their cooking.

Women on the other hand will babyfeed recipes with tea spoon and table spoon differentiation, write up a sentimental and empathetic if-not-then reassuring counter, will contemplate more time in choosing the color-coordinating bowl in which they ought to serve the dish than total cooking time.

After such exactness, if the photo does not end up well, they will facelift in a photo editor and only then post. Woman treat cooking like an art governed by pre- and post- workflow.

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

In general, when there is fight, no one eats at home. Usually, man refused to eat until the woman of the house request him to eat. But now we are living in the next generation and the woman of the house doesn't cook, if she is angry. So food and fight are connected.

Viswa

5. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

This is slightly new to me.

But I see your reasoning.

Past generation: man and woman fight, woman cooks, man resists.
    Next generation: woman does not even bother to cook to the sulking man. No food in the house. They both eat out.

Will there be a futuristic generation? Man and woman fight, woman shuts the door, man hurries to the kitchen, grabs herbs, picks veggies, tosses everything in a stew, burns his finger, curses his fate, and dashes to the bedroom holding the smokey pot without decanting in a serving bowl to mollify her and cooes, “Baby please..”

That will be (is) something that a man should try to appease his wife. It may or might charm a woman like any other lavish taste.

Laks09, satchitananda and Viswamitra like this.
  6. Viswamitra

How can I preach to the Choir? If I mention the quantity, I am sure there will be 100 comments that "I do it differently". In fact, I should not be even giving the ingredients. Just provide only the steps I used to make it. Watch out is only when something is done wrong the first time and if I do it right the first time, there is nothing more to share. I just simply follow the instructions in the recipe meticulously. I don't experiment. The photograph taken in the IP shows how it really looks.

Laks09, satchitananda and Rihana like this.
  7. Viswamitra

I would never risk that as the next generation woman may throw the entire hot food right on his face.

Viswa

8. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha! you had me in splits there. Possible!

In that case the man should placate with cold breakfast food rather than soups and stews. And rush with the apron intact to shield him from the tossed food.

satchitananda and Viswamitra like this.
  9. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Viswa, we women go to great lengths to uncover how it is supposed to look like and not content with just how it really looks. That's where all the tea spoons, if-not-else blocks, and Chinese porcelain comes into picture.

(Just kidding)

Laks09 and Viswamitra like this.
  10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Doesn't work if there are kids at home. They need to be fed, fight or not. I cook, serve and leave it in front of him. No begging. He pretends not to see me, but eats after I've gone to bed and cleans up too. : )

Laks09, Mistt and satchitananda like this.