Finest Post - May 2017 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, Apr 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Can we nominate poems?
    If so I wolud like to nominate RGSrinivasan's poem, my second nomination. Thanks :)
    You Have It!

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot Lakshmi KM Bhat for nominating this post of mine. Feel so elated! -rgs

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks LakshmiKMBhat for the two nominations.

Dcold's snippet touches a very important issue in day to day life. It is sad to see so many people gather around an accident victim or a person who has died on the road and gossip, but unfortunately, for a number of reasons including bureaucratic and legal wrangles, no one likes to get involved. This does not, however, stop them from sometimes roughing up a car driver if he for no fault of his hits a person on a two wheeler or pedestrian. It could very well be that the other person was in the wrong, but the fact that this person is in a car is good enough reason to thrash him black and blue.

Dcold's snippet reminds me of a time when I was in Pune. This was somewhere in the late '80s. I was returning home from work on my Luna. I turned a corner and felt everything going black in front of my eyes. Since I had had a few such episodes during the day, I immediately got off my Luna, parked it where it was (in the middle of the road) and walked towards the pavement. I was groping to find a lamppost to hold onto since I couldn't see anything. A couple came up to me and asked me if I was alright. There was a sugarcane juice shop right there. I requested to go and drink a couple of glasses of juice to get my sugar levels up. The lady accompanied me. In the meanwhile, the man asked for my address, took the Luna and dropped it home. I can't forget that act of kindness. It is so rare that anyone tries to help anyone in need these days. The lady and I followed on foot and she dropped me home.

RGS's poem is also eligible to be accepted for the FP nomination. RGS is at his literary best. The poem motivates us to brave all the odds that come our way. I agree with him when he says that God gives all these challenges only to those who are capable of handling them ..... and for sure, we shall arise from the ashes like the proverbial phoenix all the more stronger than before.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  4. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Satchi for reading my thread and providing this feedback.
    Just a quick question - Are you referring to the phoenix in the last line of yours?

Regards,
    RG Srinivasan

vaidehi71 and satchitananda like this.
  5. satchitananda

Thanks for bringing that faux pas to my notice, rgs :grimacing:. Correction made.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  6. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

:lol: Satchi. I thought I had goofed as I often do. You rock and are way too modest. :)

satchitananda likes this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

8. satchitananda

@Rihana, I can't thank you enough for bringing these two sterling posts to this forum. I have left my reply to Soka in the thread.

Rihana likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

satchitananda and kkrish like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.