1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When You Are With Me

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Mar 7, 2017.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks much Peddadas. Happy you like the major characters in the story and love their manners..My duty as a writer is to make you continuously like and love these characters..

2. blackbeauty84

Thanks much Sachini.. Hope the further chapters continue to keep you hooked

3. blackbeauty84

Chapter-8

Next week Jai turned up at his chairman’s house on an evening, unannounced. Chairman patted Jai’s shoulders and said

‘Long time since I saw you last, Jai.’

‘Isn’t it? You look well , much better than last time I have seen.’

‘ I’m alright now. Started working for couple of hours from home. Will be matter of time till I return full time.’ Chairman said joyfully.

‘That would save us as he is bored at home. You have become a stranger Jai?’ Chairman’s wife who came into the garden remarked.

‘I’m to be blamed for that Sushma, he is doing two man’s work..’ chairman interrupted.

‘ Would you like Coffee Jai?’

‘ Do you have anything to eat? I’m hungry, missed lunch today?’

‘No we starve’ commented Chairman.

‘Will send some quick bites from kitchen..You haven’t turned Vegetarian right?’ Mrs Chairman questioned.

‘Priya is vegetarian is it? There’s no chance this guy turns into one..’ declared Chairman.

Jai laughed and said ‘ How well you know me?’

‘Yeah I also know that you had a celebration yesterday night. Am I right?’ winked chairman.

‘No comments.’ Jai said. His cheeks turned red.

‘Looks like someone is blushing…Good to see married life is treating you well Jai. Priya is a remarkable person. Did she tell you that I’m about to offer her a role in my start-up?’

‘She did. Thanks to you. I often feel guilty of stalling her career, but she couldn’t be here at Evolution.’

‘You are so insistent on that Jai. I don’t know what’s wrong if your spouse or any other relative work in the same company..’

‘I don’t mind at junior or mid level. Once you are at a senior level , there should be a restriction. Do you think Priya would have got normal treatment if she is still with Evolution? Her mistakes would have been overlooked. Similar way your cousin is treated.’

When the board came to a decision of appointing chairman’s cousin in a senior level, Jai was the only one who voted against that.

‘You are still at it Jai. I remember giving you all rights to sack him if you find him not up to the mark.’

‘I have far more important things than that. But I’m going to give a sack to his reportee this week.’

‘I don’t want the details as you are the one who is going to lead the company in..’

‘Let’s face it chairman. You are not ready to retire now. Work was not only your profession, it’s your hobby as well.You wanted to move to Canada but due to your recent health condition, your son advised you to be here for few years. So why are you thinking about it..Your health is improving. Another one month you will be able to show up in office. ’ Jai asked calmly.

‘You are right Jai. I missed work more than I thought. But still it will be months before I can travel…’

‘This is not what’s in your mind. You know I will be ready to run for you till you are completely recovered.’

Chairman was silent for sometime and said ‘There’s an article in Business news which says the company can look for exciting times in your leadership.’

‘I don’t need your chair to do it. Let me paraphrase your problem: You intended to go for early retirement and now due to your health you experienced the flavor of retired life. This life doesn’t suit you and you want to get back to work, taking care of your empire. You are hesitating just because you gave me the word. Am I right chairman?’

Chairman who was silent again said, ‘But Jai don’t you want to take my seat? I know that’s just a seat change for you, but position speaks to the world.’

‘Yes, but when you are ready to leave it…I feel powerful, happy and I have lot of plans for the company which I can achieve without grabbing your chair.’

‘I was mulling about these Jai. Surprising you understood without me opening the mouth.’ Chairman went up and hugged Jai tightly.

‘What else you expect from me. I have been mentored by you after all.’ Said Jai.

‘So what’s happening here?’ asked Chairman’s wife who was followed by their housekeeper.

‘I was telling Chairman that he should not consider retirement for now and seems he to have the same thoughts.’ Responded Jai taking a dig at omelette served to him.

‘I know he will come to this conclusion. He is not a person who will match cricket match in television and go to bed by nine.’ She smiled.

While chairman was saying ‘That’s not the retirement plan I had in mind..’ Jai’s personal number rang.

‘Daddy..why there is no party in home for mummy?’ asked Vivaan.

‘What party Vivaan?’ asked a puzzled Jai.

‘Mummy’s birthday party..It’s her birthday today’

‘Is your mom around?’

‘No she is not in home since morning. Grandpa told she might be celebrating with you.’

‘She is not here Vivaan. Listen, I’ll call you later.’

Jai realized he didn’t forget, he actually didn’t know her birthday. He felt terrible that he didn’t even know this despite being married for months now. As he was dialing Priya’s number, he was wondering where Priya will be if she is not home since morning.

Arunarc, Deepu04, ritz1 and 3 others like this.
  4. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Suspense....What happened to Priya??

5. sweetumrn

sweetumrn Senior IL'ite

oh my... whats next... eager to know... pls pls pls post soon

6. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Oh BB
    Where would priya have been to ? I should say you are taking the story in a lively way. And about srikanth Meera what shd have happened? Am breaking my head......Pls post next episode soon....

7. blackbeauty84

That's still a suspense..await for next chapter

8. blackbeauty84

Sure next week

9. blackbeauty84

Thanks Aarthi. Suspense will be broken in next chapter. For Srikanth mystery you will have to await for few chapters..

10. blackbeauty84

Chapter-9

‘Jai your wife is missing and you are continuously in business call..’ chided Chairman.

‘She is not missing, seems she was celebrating with her friends. I have asked her to come here. .We have a bigger problem now..’

‘Is it what to gift her? I’m no expert in that area..’

‘Oh No… Richard called me and said he is leaving the company.’

‘Richard??Our APAC head?’

‘Yes, I have asked him to meet me tomorrow. He is the last person I expected this from.’

‘Try your best to retain him, Jai. I will have a word with him, if that will help.’

‘Of course it will. I’ll talk to him and update you… Something is not right. Why would someone quit after pulling a big deal?’

‘You never know till you talk to him. Don’t let him pull away his team from Evolution.

Priya arrived that moment and chairman’s wife led her to the garden.

‘Happy Birthday Priya. ‘ chairman greeted her and said ‘I got scared when Jai told you were missing.’

‘That’s not the case. Boys gave me a spa voucher, so after a relaxing massage, I went for movie with friends.’

‘Boys should have informed me about your birthday.’ Jai said looking at Priya.

‘Still it was Vivaan who informed you right? By the way Priya, I was expecting some fireworks from you. I’m disappointed.’ Chairman winked at Priya.

‘ Before you give her ideas, I will be off chairman. Since you are bouncing back to work when can I see you in office.?’

‘Probably next month. This month I will be working out of home. Jai, I almost forgot. How is your house coming up?’

‘Barring the wood work everything else is finished. We have planned for house warming next month. Do expect a visit from us to invite you.’ Jai replied enthusiastically.

‘Thanks. We will be delighted to see your dream house. Give me a call tomorrow Jai. There are few things I need to discuss with you.’

Moments later when Jai was alone with Priya in his Audi, he held her hands and said

‘Priya..I know you would have been disappointed. I’m sorry I never even knew your birthday. Hope your day was good.’

‘Don’t worry on that Jai. My day was good and I wasn’t exactly expecting you to come home with flowers.’

‘I’ll do better next year, I promise. But now tell me what do you want for your day?’

‘Nothing Jai. I have everything that I need.’

‘ Come on Priya. I’m bit old to pick a right gift for a young lady. I need your help.’

‘Seriously Jai. I can’t think of anything.’

Jai parked the car outside a jewellery shop.

‘No Jai. There are some people who are calling me gold-digger. ‘ Priya shook her head in disagreement.

That moment Jai knew what to gift her.