1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Emotional Abuse In Marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by BhumiBabe, May 8, 2017.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Things like what is the plan for after the police get involved. What is the plan for the immediate future (the next day, week), and long term. Unless it is a life-threatening situation, some thought has to be given to such things before getting police or other authorities involved. More so, if there is a kid.

Laks09 and Sunshine04 like this.
  2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

whats the update on this???.

3. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

Well, things did escalate, and there was a lot of pushback. My father asked my counselor to mediate during a "family counseling session" to help my point get across. Without the help of the counselor, I would have moved out by now. My counselor has explained to both him and his parents about how wrong and disrespectful he has been. I am lucky to have an older counselor, who both my In-laws came to respect and are taking her advice on advising their son (old habits die hard, but they are trying). She was able to make my In-laws understand how serious the situation and that I am not making a big deal out of nothing, and she was able to be firm with my husband, when he got unreasonable. My husband is willing to work on the marriage and is really take the counselor's advise (instead of what he was previously doing, about just saying and doing what looked like the right things). I agreed to do the same, after seeing this change, though I am holding him accountable to it. 4 days down, and while he cannot change his personality, he is trying to be kind without expecting something in return. That's a start.

4. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

Wishing you a peaceful life ahead!

5. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Nice to know about your updates, hope everything will be fine. Wish you all the best and happy life ahead...:)

BhumiBabe likes this.