100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

We depart
    We assemble
    We keel
    We balance

We are confused
    We are enlightened
    We are united
    We are ignited

We are on the sidelines
    We are the forefront
    We shrink to reflect
    We emerge to accept

We cook our beans and brains
    We confront the pungent and puzzling
    We cry the angst
    We conquer the fears

We think we have reformed
    We feel we have evolved
    We say we are better
    Well, we are the same zany bunch

(Dedicated to the neurites)

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Laks09, Nonya, Rihana and 2 others like this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Neighbor and her husband were giving each other the silent treatment in the weekend. She goes on a non-veg cooking binge (spree?). : ) He is vegetarian. LOL. A piping hot dish showed up at my doorstep every 3-4 hours. : ) : )

I will be the referee this long weekend as they present the case...... : ) Hopefully, can give them some barbecued vegetables and fish if sunny weather.

3. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

Still married, but this time, he seems to take the effort to make me happy - by buying some new clothes for him, helping out in the cleaning, and having a family movie night watching Bahubali (1). Baby steps, but it makes me happy to be heard.

Giri12, Mistt, Laks09 and 3 others like this.
  4. silento

silento Silver IL'ite

Feel so grateful to have found this website, people go out of their way to help others.

Giri12, ashima10, Rihana and 2 others like this.
  5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Eating at the new Indian joint near home. Sharing a table with a bunch of ladies who seem to be a fun group. Wondered if I should say hello but checked in here in . Ordered madras filter coffee and laughed out loud when the lady at the register went running to the adjoining store and got a jar of BRU from the shelf. Coffee and dosa taste yummmm

Giri12, Gauri03 and Rihana like this.
  6. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

“I am scared of you!”
    “Why? WHY? Will I chop off your head and kick your butt and snap your limbs.”
    “You are too forceful.”
    “WHAT? I will swing you and toss you and rip off your skin.”
    “You are slightly loud ...”
    “WHAT? Yes, I usually go screaming my lungs out and coughing my soul ..LOUD ...loud hogi teri nani …”

“Can you tone down a bit? You talk for self, you talk for me, you talk for others, you talk so much. It is difficult to have a conversation with you with your incessant and strong-willed talk.”
    HAAN! Toh kya...I have so much to talk, if others don't talk, that is their problem. If silence is gold then everyone ought to collect pots of gold underneath their beds by morning after a night's sleep. If others don't talk, it is their defect. FORCEFUL! LOUD!”

“You need to talk less feisty.”
    “I TALK LESS! May be, I slightly elaborate, and then slightly add, and then some more clarification. All in less terms only.”
    “Let's try to tame you down once more.”
    “OK.”

That's how I promise my friend for the nth time that I would be sweet and soft on him.

Positive note: Friends esp. those who endure your dolby vocals are precious. Such false promises had to be made repeatedly to retain them.

Giri12, Gauri03, Rihana and 1 other person like this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

So much on the to-do list... with work, with friends, with kids, with the better-half, with the house, with the me-time, with IL, with the year that's racing to its half life : ) but far from a hamster on a wheel feeling, something like gratitude envelopes the mind.

Laks09 and Gauri03 like this.
  8. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

I have started paint and ink since last year. Sibling also catches up and we share our “produce”.
    Both gloat and toot and are immensely pleased with our “artwork”.
    The other one silently observes and one day tosses her painting ... “This is called art”
    We both tooters shut up.

Then I am on a cooking spree, tooty tooty again. Sibling shares her excitement.
    We both swagger in a self-aggrandised flaunt as self-styled Julia and Julia duo.
    The other one shares her dish and inquires, “How about this?”
    We both tooters again shut up and retreat.

Few months ago, I joined free-styled dance classes. I have exhausted all reasons for not turning up consistently and almost gave up.
    Sibling was already involved in dance and skit workshops and used to share her social performances.
    We go tooting that we are Beyonce and Lopez. We are grace refined! We are lithe incarnate!
    However, we are also on a watch not knowing when a video will pop up in whatsapp ...”This is called dance”

Positive note: Glad that there is at least some genuine talent in a family of shameless tooters.
    Other note: Nice to have siblings in life. They don't take up the role of friends but are on the sidelines delivering the sharp punches needed in life.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
    Giri12, Laks09, Gauri03 and 2 others like this.
  9. silento

silento Silver IL'ite

Getting all excited planning for the 3 day Memorial Day weekend. A much needed break from work, release, deadlines, cooking and household chores.:innocent:

Giri12, Laks09, Rihana and 1 other person like this.
  10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Been very frustrated of late. With everything. Driving home last night, traffic was a nightmare. Was lost in obsessive worrying when I heard a motorbike. Reflexively moved over and gave way. He passed, slowed down and gave me the biker's salute. Put a smile on my face for the rest of the drive home.

Giri12, Laks09, silento and 1 other person like this.