1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lonely And Depressed

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by skalluri, May 21, 2017.

1. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

I have mild to moderate depression around my monthly time which gets better in couple of days, I am trying to manage with lifestyle changes like yoga, pranayama, walking etc . I definitely need good friends to listen to me from time to time.

I bet the cold winter weather also gives boost to mood swings and sensitivity . I am taking my Vitamin D to overcome this.

sindmani and Bestmom like this.
  2. Bestmom

Bestmom Silver IL'ite

I can relate exactly with myself.. Even I get back to within couple of days.. My male friend says tat am in to lots of mood swings.. As I fight unnecessarily and depressed too at times..

sindmani and skalluri like this.
  3. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Career. Studies.Family. Hobbies. Self improvement and self development. Volunteering.

sindmani and skalluri like this.
  4. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

sdfsa
    I am completely against in taking them for 2 reasons, my depression is occasional and not severe , during my period it hurts more otherwise manageable , 2nd reason depression medicines have lot of side effects, had experience with anti-anxiety drugs right after my delivary and I had seen hell lot of side effects.

Bestmom and sindmani like this.
  5. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Yes I am counting my blessings at the same time trying to overcome failures, sometimes small things which people are enjoying and which I am eligible to enjoy but not able to, bothers me , like family functions, religious rituals, group gatherings, group photos, sleep over parties for kids, kids hanging outs, guests , friends coming to house heart fully, family being in connection through Skype, phone, family, friends inviting heart fully etc.

sindmani likes this.
  6. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

thanks for letting me to think about this issue in positive way by good start. even I had gone through tough times where my dad died 5 years back after his brain surgery failure and during crucial time when my brother is going through divorce. I think I am healing on that now, I am grateful to God that I am healing on that.

Yes me too, have multiple health issues. although I am good health wise by using medicines, but overall wellbeing is not great when compared to others of my age., but as you said I am grateful to God that I am managing health issues and taking care of my family.

definitely when the issues are from past , over the time we get healed, but the issues are current and when life is giving continuous challenges that's when you lose the courage , and unfortunately for women over 40 hormones plays nasty role making them puppets. We have to learn to manage the stress and depression.

Bestmom likes this.
  7. ShabnamF

ShabnamF Gold IL'ite

If not medicine, you can probably try counselling. Yes, you need friends with whom you can share your feelings without being judged. IL is a good place, you can talk to the ladies here. Take care.

skalluri and sindmani like this.
  8. shubha1987

shubha1987 New IL'ite

Be strong and keep yourself always occupied in ur hobbies and interests in life, don't ever give hint of mind towards negative thoughts if possible visit some very good psychological counsellors and openly express your concerns which would give enormous strength to come out for it. Visit some top rated counsellors

skalluri likes this.