1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Dental Problem Need Guidance

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Rlmh, May 16, 2017.

1. Rlmh

Rlmh New IL'ite

Hi all,

I have one broken front teeth which i want get it fixed asap.When dentist saw my teeth she told me that she will place artificial teeth as the teeth was 3/4 broked.I am very much scared and need your experencies of having artificial teeth.Anyone faced this situation i am really scared to visit dentist now.

2. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi Rlmh,
    Do not worry.
    If it is only getting the artificial teeth... it's absolutely not painful at all. Go ahead and get it done. It's worth for your confident smiles.
    Any doubts,, let me know.
    Regards,
    Cliona
    ( Dental Surgeon)

Laks09 and Rlmh like this.
  3. Rlmh

Rlmh New IL'ite

Thanks Cliona for your reply.I have few doubts...

1.My dentist told me she will take some part of my side teeth(side teeth of broken teeth) to fix this artificial teeth so i am worried about that.
    2.How much time or days it will take to fix artificial teeth?
    3.Are their any other options for my problem?

Thanks in advance.

cliona likes this.
  4. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi @Rlmh
    Answers:- 1) worried about what ? Can you be specific... are you worried about pain... are you worried about the outcome... can you explain your concerns.
    2)If it is a bridge ( fixed dental prosthesis) then the dentist willfinish within 2 or 3 appointments within duration of a week or maximum 10 days.
    3) Please read up about post and core procedure in the internet. And ask your dentist if this can be done to you. I cannot judge since I haven't seen your teeth condition.
    If this is possible then this is the best option. In this option, the remaining tooth structure is treated by root canal and a cap is fixed in top of the remaining tooth.
    If there is not enough tooth structure remaining., then either you have to go for a bridge( the procedure you have described) or removal of the broken tooth and implant.
    Regards,
    Cliona

Rlmh likes this.
  5. Rlmh

Rlmh New IL'ite

Hi Cliona,

Yaa i am worried about pain.

I want to know what is this proces called so that i can ask her whether it will work for me or not.

Option which u mentioned in 3rd point.

" Please read up about post and core procedure in the internet. And ask your dentist if this can be done to you. I cannot judge since I haven't seen your teeth condition.
    If this is possible then this is the best option. In this option, the remaining tooth structure is treated by root canal and a cap is fixed in top of the remaining tooth."

6. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

It is called " post and core".

7. Rlmh

Rlmh New IL'ite

Okk..

Thank you.