1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is it a crime to have an only child?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by savyaasaachi, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Suma89

Suma89 New IL'ite

Hello sayasachi,

This is a rampant problem everywhere. People don't have any work, rather hang thinking about other people's life.The irony is that even if mountain is burning in their life, they are curious to know why small fumes of some small group of sticks burning in other people's life is coming. Untill we get married they keep on asking about marraige status, and then post that they raise their eyebrows if just In. A year or so married couple should and must have kids they ask. Even if one is done, they keep on asking when r u expecting another ? This is really so pathetic and disgusting, I really don't get what they get out of asking such questions..I just we should give some sarcastic answers to stop and put full brakes to them asking all such repeated questions..
    Regards
    Suma

2. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

Haha! I know. There is such a stark division between official discourse and societal reality. The Government is busy advertising condoms and family planning and the society is busy getting upset if you don't have children. Bizarre.

I have always said to Indians, "there are so many people here, do you really want to add more? Do you want even more to struggle to get into the same schools, the same colleges, the same jobs, the same hospitals, the same housing societies?" Indians just don't understand.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  3. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

She can only do this because she is an NRI. If she had to live in India she would be brought to heel very quickly. You can't give such answers in India.