Bored Now What?......welll Read On....

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Belacar, May 11, 2017.

1. Belacar

Belacar Bronze IL'ite

63. Clean up your computer in four easy steps (only if you have computer knowledge)

Didn't you always want to clean up the clutter on your PC? I mean the stuff that accumulates on your hard disk or is loaded into memory whenever you start your computer (which takes longer and longer). Here is my no-nonsense list of the things to do to make your PC MUCH, MUCH faster. You don't need costly software or subscriptions to specialized web sites that do the job. With a few simple steps you can do the job in no time. I have ordered the things you should do according to effectiveness:

2. Belacar

Belacar Bronze IL'ite

64. Join the "citizen research" movement

The Internet has created numerous new possibilities for people all over the world to collaborate in research outside the usual "peer-reviewed journal" communities, which are (at least in some fields) increasingly being corrupted by tight ideological "friendship and advocacy networks" (see: Climate-Change community). Of course, these informal Internet research networks are in danger to be dominated by fanatics, weirdoes, or hacks because the Internet lacks any rational gate-keeper functions. Anyone can contribute. However, the Internet has a "cleaning process" in which rational, well-meaning people ultimately defend objectivity, fairness and rational arguments. With all its faults - Wikipedia.org is a good example of this global collaborative effort to provide objective information. There are numerous initiatives of "citizen research". Below I have selected three kinds of citizen research activities you might find interesting.

3. Belacar

Belacar Bronze IL'ite

65. Paint Easter eggs

The tradition of painting Easter eggs is a nice activity you can do with your children. The egg is a pagan symbol of the rebirth of the Earth in celebrations of spring and was adopted by early Christians as a symbol of the resurrection of Jesus. There are hundreds of techniques to paint the eggs. Let your fantasy go wild. You might even want to get a high-tech egg-painting robot:
    Egg-Bot

4. Belacar

Belacar Bronze IL'ite

66. Psycho

This will drive you nuts! (Move your mouse!)

Psycho
    Skybox by Paul Debevec (works only with Firefox and Chrome)

5. Belacar

Belacar Bronze IL'ite

67. Buy yourself an island (very expensive for me to do)

Do you want to get away from everyone? Buy yourself an island. Some island - even in the USA - are available for a few ten-thousand dollars. Of course, you can also purchase and island in the Mediterranean or the Caribbean for a few million dollars. However, don't be stupid! Owning an island can be a lot of troubles! Its a good idea to first rent and island and "test drive" your Robinson Crusoe fantasy.
    Private Islands Online

68. Invent, design and build flashlights and light-sculptures

There are lots of things you can do with batteries, wires, bulbs and light emitting diodes (LEDs). Sometimes the results are really comical. Check out the following videos!

69. Build a waterfall in your garden

Few things are more spectacular in a garden than a waterfall. But don't think it is easy to build one! It can be a real science, as you can see online videos....

6. Belacar

Belacar Bronze IL'ite

I got this extract a long time back from the web link mentioned at the start of this thread..........don't know if it will be of any help to anyone....