1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Landed Up In This Thread..

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by Rachu123, May 6, 2017.

1. Rachu123

Rachu123 Bronze IL'ite

I signed up this forum last year to ask advice to deal with my husband. Everyone gave me a valid advice to leave up. Though, I knew I should leave him, but I kept on convincing myself and kept on giving reasons to myself to stay. Things became worse and now I am leaving next month to India. Done with him and going to proceed legally. He made a big mess here in USA and for some my name is tagged. I do not know how I am going to deal with it before leaving. All the debits pending with my name tagged I need to clear. I need to sell off stuff. I need to pack things. I need to vacate. He left home, but his all stuffs are still there. I need to manage office, my daughter day care. After that also I am scared he may trouble me, he may harm me. Oh god, I am just feeling I should grab my daughter and run like anything from him. Counting every second to escape from him. I just want to sleep one peaceful night. I just want to play with my daughter by not faking my enjoyment or involvement. I want to live. I am so tired.
    What happens if we delay in paying tax return amount? can I call them and request? what happens if some debit is pending here? will they hear me if I say I do not have money? I did save some money and I transferred to India bank account with the fear that this monster will grab it. Please advice

Similar Threads
    1. anika987
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Mistt
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. SR005
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. aamrapali

aamrapali Gold IL'ite

For law and order, USA is better. There are a lot of social service agencies and law firms that will help you every step of the way. If your husband tries to harm you, his and his family's life will be destroyed forever since law is extremely strict here. No sane person will want to get himself into a hot legal mess that will ruin his opportunities for life (career, finance, loans, everything).

When you do not know what you are doing or do not have resources, this is how you feel - exactly the way you wrote. All your panic buttons will fire off and the body responds with a fight or flight mechanism. When you begin to understand your situation better and begin using the resources available to you, you will begin to gain clarity of your situation and will make some wise choices for both yourself and your daughter.

So think and plan well such that your career and your daughter's future education and such is not ruined because of hasty decisions made with limited information. If your husband got you into financial debts and mess, there will be lawyers to help you out of it.

3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP, hugs to you.
    I haven't read your old posts .
    Don't panic. You are in USA. You get help here. Use 911 if needed. You get better help here. Don't run to India. Are you on Visa/gc/citizen. You can do divorce here if you want to. He will not do any thing. First relax a bit and figure out what to do. If you have any friends contact them . If you are scared to live in same house, you can rent another one. Seek help. If you are scared,you can seek help in local police station.
    Please understand what else you can done here. Attorneys help you..

Be strong. God will help you. Use all resources available. Don't run like this. You will be ok. You can do it. Believe in yourself.

I believe you and kid will have a better life here in USA. So be very strong and face it with courage

You can file tax return even if you cross April 15 deadline. There will be a fine. Consult a tax professional if you have any concerns. They will help you to deal with those types of questions..for debits there will be interest plus fine.. it depends on what type it is. Seek help from people there. Are you working. Your colleagues can also help. Explore.

You didn't do any crime... don't punish you for others mistakes

If I were in your place I will stay here and figures out what to do. You get better support here as a women. You don't know what happen if you reach India.. Now you are so stressed out. Don't take any decision now. Relax and think...You will be fine

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  4. DDream

Rachu,
    Are you ok.. read your old post. Ladies there gave very valuable suggestions on how to deal with credit cards and debts.
    Move ahead. Don't look back. Never ever bend for dh. Don't worry about what others think.
    Now you and kid are the most important thing in the world... be strong...my prayers and wishes

5. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

You can get a legal separation in USA that will separate your finances from his. Consult a lawyer about this. You can get the divorce later when you have a case. You should also consult on custody issues. If you run to India and your husband files a case that you took your child without his consent, you will be in a big mess should you ever want to come back (like go to jail big mess).

You can call IRS about your taxes and talk to a representative. They are normally very helpful.

6. Rachu123

Rachu123 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Thank you for your response.
    I am here on L1 visa, which will expire in 1 year. my husband is my dependent with work permit
    I am not sure whether I can through legal things here in one year and finish it up.
    I am so exhausted in deleing with him that I am feeling like I really need to relax being away from this for a while.
    As you said I am not sure where I am heading. But, I think I need a break. I am scared.
    I am not sure I can fight with him legally all alone by managing stuffs.
    I may come back after a break with clarity. you think I am doing it right?
    Thank you again

7. Rachu123

Rachu123 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you so much.
    I never thought I end up like this. I am in shock.
    Everyday one or other call I get saying pay the bill as it is due from months.
    I have everything in my name as I had credit history from my previous travel.
    I have L1 visa now.
    I asked my manager for relocation also. Not sure what he will decide?
    Some people knows my situation here. I am dying inside to ask help from others.

8. Rachu123

Rachu123 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you so much. I need to go back and away from him for a while to figure things out. I am so tired of all these things and I think I am stressing my daughter also. If I go back may be she feel little relaxed too. I may come back to different location if there is requirement. Please advice am I thinking right

9. DDream

Op, I can understand your agony.
    Before you go to India, please consult legal experts/attorney and figure out what to be done. Call respective people associated with each account and have a clear idea on whats going on. Complete legal formalities if needed. Else when you come back you may end up in trouble or face more issues. Good luck

10. Rachu123

Rachu123 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you @DDream.
    I am trying to close debits done by him as much as possible.
    As there is only one month left for my travel I cannot do much.
    How about child custody here in USA?
    I heard in India for sure mother will get minor daughter custody, where as in USA chances are there to get joint custody. I really do not want to share custody with him as he is not a good father and he will mess up my daughter life along with his family