1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Problem For My Cousin Sister. A Person Insulted Her.

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by sindmani, Apr 29, 2017.

1. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

My cousin sister , more like my friend in India ( metro city) is newly married . since she was new to the locality , a relative of her is near by. She called them home. That sissy has come it seems. She tried her best to give them good guest treatment. Later when that sister asked her to come to her home and left. She called that sister later to ask about best shopping areas to buy dresses etc. They didnot pick the call.
    SHe tried a single time for two days. 3rd day also a single time she tried. She was a bit scared if her relative sissy was fine or not. But to her amazement, she called and fired her for disturbing her. It seems that sissy was not well. My cousin sister is crying bitterly. I consoled her saying that she did not do any mistake as she just called once in a day. Not many times. It is how each person is and react to different situation. It seems she asked for a sorry and kept the phone. I want my cousin sister to get out of the stress she has due to this. She is disturbed after this incident. She says she is scared to call me also. She talks to me in Skype in my mornings . Today she didn't pick the call.

2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

There was. No need to scold her.

Your cousin has to tay from her

sindmani likes this.
  3. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

now she. Says she is scared to talk to any one or call any one. I Am bothered about this. thanks sunshine, true. Please provide tips for her to face such situations. What ever I say , I feel is less. I just told her to be bold. Life can throw any tough situation. I also said how myself, my mom or her mom have faced tough situations and come out of it successfully. But I want inputs from u all. She is younger to me. Just out of college.

4. Sunshine04

That le
    She will learn to be mature.
    This is nothing when compared to problems women face
    Ask her to join IL and read the stories here.

5. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Ok. Thanks a lot. True. , women face lots of problem. May be the words told by the sissy has affected her. She called her a person with less manners as she is disturbing them by calling, that her home was not big etc. I feel the words has made her more sensitive. Hope she herself regains . I will wait for her call. Sunshine ma'am I feel sometimes small insults can ruin a person's peace of mind and affect our confidence level. Thanks a lot for ur inputs .

yellowmango likes this.
  6. Sunshine04

I understand. I too was very sensitive person before .got hurtva lot .
    She is young now.

sindmani likes this.
  7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Just tell her not to spoil her mood because of such idiots and tell her to avoid such people in future.

Sunshine04 and sindmani like this.
  8. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

There was no need for yelling or insulting. That other person seems to be having some issues with ur cousin. Abt d house, whose house is small, hers or ur cousins? If her house is small, she's jealous. or if ur cousin's house is small, she doesn't want to maintain a friendship bcoz she feels she has less. All in all she's not worth it. All of us wud come across d same or similar characters in our life. V can't stop living bcoz of these bad ones.

If it will help her, ask her to talk to her abt y she behaved like dat. But I dono how much dat wud help since they r new to each other.

Ur cousin needs to figure out how she wana handle this, like come out of it stronger? Or make herself weak n hide from all based on this. Ask her to think who's gona b losing here.

N finally jus dust it off n move on n make good friends around her house, neighbours.

sindmani likes this.
  9. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, Your cousin sister shudnt blame herself. The other lady is rude and horrible.There were nicer ways to tell your cousin she was not well. But no , she chose the very rude way. That says a lot about what sort of a person that lady is. She is very rude and thinks very highly of herself. This incident shud be a lesson to your cousin. She shudnt entertain that lady at any cost.Let her say hi bye when meeting . Don't invite her home or indulge her.

First impressions are meant to be good for a reason. Its either make or break instance.Here it was the worst reciprocation.It only means she thinks she is high and mighty and you shud take abuses. Cut her off. Good Luck.

sindmani likes this.
  10. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Thanks all. Her home is small because of the higher rents in that city.