1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why I Will Not Approach A Male

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ChennaiExpress, Apr 22, 2017.

1. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

I don't believe in gender roles. I don't see any issue with a woman approaching a man. In my opinion it shows that the woman is confident. Several of my friends approached their significant others and are leading a happy life. In my household, my husband usually cooks and I manage finances. We don't have chores divided, we do whatever needs to be done and whoever has time.
    And I am that weird happy person who smiles and strike conversation with strangers.
    If I were you, I would just say hi and talk to the gentleman, ask about how his work going etc and wouldn't really think much about anything romantic. You need to be friends with the person first, love happens in due course.

2. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Wait, let me shuffle the calendar. Is this 2017? I was confounded by allusions to Victorian door-knobs, er snobs waiting for men to open the door, pinning sly heart-shaped cuffs on their sleeves, next what, bows and curtsy to gratify women?

Such regression of the suffragettes!

You are supposed to collar him and squeal,

Hey Mr Singler, listen, you don't remind me of anyone. You don't induce in me sleepless nights.
    However, I wrestle with a tiny flutter in my heart each time I see you.

I like your absurdity in the Ionesco, and I adore your simplicity in the Hemmingway you were carrying the other day while dashing out of the station. You are somewhere between winsome and handsome but spot-on in that attractive quotient. I like the flop of your hair. Ears, are something I can adjust with ..Oooh...those eyes ..those magikool eyes. ...Listen ...coffee tomorrow at 8 AM. Don't keep me waiting. Don't look around for candid cameras. You are not pwned. The only lens you are caught on is the shutter of my heart. Bring that Hemmingway along.. See ya ..

Even if this miserably fails, and, subsequently, the man avoids the route, you will only cherish the laughter stockade while recollecting with friends. If this works, you will be laughing with him at your clumsy effort years from now. I have no idea why such undertakings are not included in ‘100 Things To Do Before You Die.’ Mould the words to suit your temperament and (cheesy) mileage. Do it! Don't listen to the universe and hunt for men who open doors, you might end up with a doorman or a porter at a hotel.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  3. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Our office building has lot of Indians on student visa (a college in our building), etc and many co-workers complaint is they always rush into the elevator before letting others out, never hold the doors for anyone, etc. Now I realize, it's because they are newly arrived!

Yes, I am looking for opportunity just to make eye-contact with him. Right now, I come into work earlier than he does, but who knows, things happen!

That is really cute. Gosh, anyone collar a Mr. Singler. My goodness, I'm just playing this scene in my head now!

4. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

:D
    This was a funny read, and I get your point of view.

Umanga likes this.
  5. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Point on!! well said..I am finding it funny too :)

Umanga likes this.
  6. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

Thank you ladies :).

7. ashsummer

ashsummer Junior IL'ite

Try online dating. It is perfect for a shy and akward person. I met my husband online (through OkayDating: Find Best Dating Site for Relationship, Love, Casual Hookup ). I’m a homebody and was a teacher at that time, so it was not exactly like there were many suitable men to date around me. My sister met her husband online too. It runs in our family I guess:)

I texted my husband first. In real life I would never approached him first, really:)