1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

Yay my Frnd surprised me with this check out :cool::cool::cool: {outta 24 one is missing....tasted ONE in the name of Ripening test!!!!}

mango.jpg

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I had a lunch in 5 star restaurant. But wanted my home food. Did mnot like it much.
    Limited veg ..

Salads
    Papads
    Tandoori brocolli
    Samosa
    Naans
    Steam rice
    Palak paneer
    Dal
    Malai kofta
    Ice cream
    Rasmalai
    Moong dal halwa.

Gauri03, Buds, Indhradhanu and 2 others like this.
  3. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

@Shanvy : Shans u tasted moong dal halwa with ice cream?

Shanvy likes this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I don't have a sweet tooth but it was not great. I felt full by the i time ate some salads and brocollo:facepalm:

maggi32 likes this.
  5. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

@satchitananda : Satchi check Total Calories only for few more days :)

@SunPa : hv u tried strength training ?

My frnd had reached her weight loss plateau, her trainer tweaked her routines:

---Strength training 5-days a week after cardio & crunches

----intermittent jogging : 2 mins fast running followed by 3 mins jogging for 25-30 mins {few days she would take a stroll with 1kg weights in a nearby park}

----she had egg whites post work out / sprouts post training

---- focused every alternative day on crunches & abdomen excrcise

---- 10 - 15 mins walk post breakfast , lunch & dinner

---- will add more when my low memory brain wakes up!!!!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Shanvy and satchitananda like this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Today's menu:

Breakfast:
    Omlette with 2 slices brown bread
    200 ml coffee

Mid-morning:
    200 ml coffee

Lunch:
    1 paratha
    1/2 katori patla dal
    1/2 katori bhindi-tomato
    1/2 katori beans-carrot thoran

Afternoon:
    1 mango barfi

Evening:
    120 ml mango milk shake
    1 cup grapes

Dinner:
    1/2 katori sambar rice
    1 tsp ghee
    1 katori bhindi-tomato

Total cals: 1186 cals (if I have got it right)

Dinner - 28 Apr 2017.jpg
    No walk today.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Rajijb, parineetha, Gauri03 and 5 others like this.
  7. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

Cha cha i shud hv been thr, i wud hv started with : papad topped with salads, brocoli & samosa rolled in Naan & later dipped in dal, steamed rice mixed with paneer gravy taken with kofta as side dish lastly i wud retire to last row & gulp rasmalai & later ensoyyyy ice cream soaked halwa :tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:

satchitananda likes this.
  8. satchitananda

Wow. How wonderful!

maggi32 likes this.
  9. satchitananda

Woohoo! Looks delicious!

maggi32 likes this.
  10. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Going by your plates and portion size, you sure look like you definitely eat less than 1300.

One common advice for reducing tummy has been reducing carbs and doing cardio. But despite my brisk walking and cardio sessions, no change. Even when I lost weight, my tummy refused to budge. My abdominal muscles used to be weak a few years ago but now lower abs are strong, upper abs need more work, and the flab just refuses to leave me. :cry:

No the mpf is pretty much a blurry approximation. Painful to add in each and every bit, and not everything we serve ourselves is measured. Even homemade preparations differ. Sambar depends how much dal is used. Avial - sometimes I use almonds sometimes cashew nut to make paste if the coconut isnt tender. I usually take mixed rice to work - to increase protein intake I will add chickpeas, rajma, tofu, paneer etc to the rice, how do I account for that? And then like you said there is amount of oil used. The list goes on , mpf is at best giving us a rough picture, and for me it just makes me be mindful of what I eat because I have to account for it.

Even if the calorie count were accurate, i think different bodies work differently. Mine is lazy like me. Tries hard to remain where it is . On the plus side, I dont put on weight easily ,say even with feasting for a week. B4 40 weight wasnt even a problem. I came back to pre pregnancy weight with no real effort. But now, it is a bit different. Still I put on weight slowly but faster than before (indian sweets kill me :crybaby2:) , and when I increase by a kg, it takes 3-4 months of effort and consciously eating to get back to normal.

A friend in her sixties who works out 5 days a week diligently and maintains good body advised me - Improper nourishment while working out can do more damage to the body. I am not targeting drastic reductions, more like 0.5 kgs a month I am happy but the inches I wanna reduce.

It may be just rough estimates but my carb consumption is clearly more, and my fat consumption is actually just 50% , that is probably why my cal count is low even as I exceed in carbs. Protein intake is also lower, which could be a problem with strength training. Need to think about making some more changes in meals.

Ps - Ice lollies made with homemade lime juice is refreshing special after night walks. My go to snack these hot days.