Secure Saving.. Need Suggestions

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by aswathyk, Apr 27, 2017.

1. aswathyk

aswathyk Gold IL'ite

My dearest friends,

As u all knw i have some family issues. I planned to be independant ASAP.started saving some amount from my salary without his knowledge. I am transferring that amount to my old bank account(use as my personal saving account)from salary account. Because he know all credentials of my salary bank account.And he know my old bank account's ATM pin number. But he thinks its empty.

If he check my account details he understand everything.I want to save my money without his knowledge.
    last month my uncle visited us and gifted some money. My Hus asked many times for that.But i didn't give that. Its in a safe place of my house. I am planned to save it in my savings account.And Today i got my Variable pay, i am going to save it too...But I think my savings account is not safe.

I am really confused about the saving..whr?? hw??? etc in my mind..

Initially i think will deposit on my KSFE account. But it's dealings are handled by his mother because account is at our native place.Now i am confused how can i save it. I think it's better to start a new account. But i am really busy with my wrk. no break to visit a bank ....

Anyway please suggest which is gud way to save my savings and which is gud bank to start new account. my savings account is SBT but their service charges are very high now,... please help me dears

2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP, Good to know that you are taking steps to secure your life.
    Better option will be to open a new account. I don't know much about Indian banks. I have experience with SBI only. The information about any bank is available online you can check that. I also heard that co-operative banks offer better interest. If you want a fixed deposit for your saved money, you can try that. Open it for one year and renew every year. They give a certificate for the account and the no is needed to renew every year. SBI has online account system which I can see anywhere.
    First you collect information on the requirements to open the account .once you finalise bank go there and open account. Don't keep lot money in your home . That's not safe. Anyway open new account, that is the best option,whether it is KSFE or any other bank. Half day is enough I think.. even Indian postal service offers savings accounts

Good luck

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    aswathyk likes this.
  3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Sorry deleted, same message appeared again

4. aswathyk

aswathyk Gold IL'ite

Thank you for your suggestions. I will check all details and prefer a better one

DDream likes this.
  5. peet1983

peet1983 Silver IL'ite

You can consider starting a new post office savings bank account and buy some NSC certificate or start monthly investment schema , which will help you to be save some tax on 80C. but these are for 5 years period. There are some 3 years SIP plans but most of them are linked to equity I believe.

First fix your goals, how much you want to save, when you want the money and how much you can invest per month. Accordingly you can choose a best option. Normal SB account will receive 4% interest i think. KSFE and all is kind of head ache when we needed the money actually.

6. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

It's awesome dat u r saving. Great step. It's very very important. Continue doin it. Do open a new account fast, u wudnt want all dat hard work to go to waste.

If u r lookin for indian banks, recently I heard kotak mahindra is giving a good savings bank interest rate. U can chek SBI too. Or post office.

For better options Jus google best banks for women's saving account. U will b able to see sites dat explains each banks n it's pros n cons. Women saving account schemes gives extra benefits. N dey r makin it very easy to open account these days.

7. LisnaFernandez

LisnaFernandez Junior IL'ite

You know.. patym is like a bank now where you can manage from your phone itself. As the first step, you need to put the cash in any other bank accounts that have online banking facility. After that you can transfer the amount to the paytm account through the app itself. It is safe where you can hide money from your husband easily.

8. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

But I think all savings especially interest shows up in tax return documents. I don't think there is a way to save money safely without his knowledge. Maybe give to ur relatives who u trust.