1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Merçi beaucoup, SunPa. Finished the test. Lived through the oral exam! After 39 years!!! Am getting old!

maggi! What lovely koshimbhiri and tomato rice!

Dead tired after a long day. Not doing any exercise today. Give myself a well-deserved break. Semester break has started and shall be chilling out at home for a week.

2. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Gongura is my favvoo! I can trade immortal nectar for Gongura daal any day. My mom used to make amazing Gongura daal. My school mates used to bring rice soaked in daal in a flat box but my mom insisted that I carry a three-tier dabba (rice, daal, and curry) and no wheedling that I already look like a gummy elephant could deter her from such meticulous packing. Moms are diabolical moms! They always feel their kids are underfed even if they are wobbly and squidgy. Between spinach daal, amaranth daal, radish leaves daal, and sorrel daal, the tartness of the sorrel stands out. I am a meat eater. So sorrel with prawns and meat is also amazing.

Awh! We should just have a thread to talk about food. No pictures, no gravies, no rice or wheat. Just vignettes and narratives of food from the yore. The tastes and smells from mom's kitchen. Blabber about food! No careful proteins, no conscious vitamins, just unabashed food rhapsody. When I visit my friends back in India we indulge in food jam sessions for hours. In fact one of my friend's husband teases me, “Here comes your gourmet friend and now both of you can talk for hours on how to fold the perfect samosa for taste and roll the kachori for crispness”. Her daughter inquires, “Aunty you talk so much about food but you look thin”. I explain, “The reason I talk so much is to metabolise all that food I eat”.

Food is so integral in our family. My family and friends are big on food. In fact I am slightly biased, I choose friends who are big on courses and portions. Any restaurant hang out is 3 hours of food talk on how to knead the most buoyant and rounded gulab jamun. Mind you, we are only amateurs in cooking but are censorious critics. F-O-O-D! This 4-letter f-word should be the king of all f-words. If I were to take any Rorschach or inkblot test, I would perceive only food in all the fuzzy images. You asked about sorrel and I soared and roared about all kinds of food. (I shut up now.) But food you know ….

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Indhradhanu, SunPa, damini and 2 others like this.
  3. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Toast the slab and dice. Why didn't I think about it? Well, I am only junior Chef Shanvy, so I didn't whip up such styles. Hmm, good one.

Shanvy likes this.
  4. satchitananda

I am entitled to change my mind. Not doing my walk today made me feel guilty. So did 30 mins of brisk walk ..... of course in my living room with telly for company. The dhang-dhang music provides me the impetus to walk fast and not crawl. :roflmao:

Evening: 1 mango

Dinner: 50 g brown rice
    50 g aloo matar
    100 g sambar
    1 mango barfi (for which I made place on my calorie chart through above-mentioned walk!!! :treadmill:

Indhradhanu, Gauri03, damini and 2 others like this.
  5. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

Satchi: i am licking Ginger Jaggery mitai {small cube shaped one made of ginger & jaggery} ;)

PS: my DH neva buys me this mitai :crybaby2:.....today my colleague was having one piece with him & i started acting with cough cold symptoms to pluck it from him :p....Mission Success.....skipped evening tea instead :facepalm:

Shanvy and satchitananda like this.
  6. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

@Shanvy : Shans fasting today huh?

Shanvy, SunPa and satchitananda like this.
  7. satchitananda

You are a riot maggi! :roflmao:

maggi32 likes this.
  8. satchitananda

@Shanvy, hope you are not in too much of pain.

Shanvy and maggi32 like this.
  9. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

Satchi : loads of assignments fr students ah?

satchitananda likes this.
  10. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

I tot she was busy with first day first show fr watching Bahubali :thinking:

Shanvy and satchitananda like this.