pregnancy basics

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by geemathy, Nov 15, 2014.

1. geemathy

geemathy Silver IL'ite

Dear ILs,

Myself and my hubby meet twice or thrice a month. I am trying to conceive... Have few doubts:

1. We have sex for twice or thrice a month only, but not continuously in a day or forthcoming days. There is a gap between which we have sex. Will that constitute to pregnancy factor?
    2. Can I take folic acid before sex?
    3. Should I go through any fertility calendar and have sex with my hubby?
    4. what are the symptoms of pregnancy?
    5. Is there any specific time to wash genitals after having intercourse (have doubt this might also be the reason)

Kindly guide me friends............

2. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

1. Women ovaluate once per month (menstrual cycle) and at that time ( a few days) the probability of getting pregnant is highest at that period. So if you have ic 2-3 times per month it should be sufficient
    2. The intake of folic acid does not matter
    3. You are most fertile about two weeks after your last period started, about in the middle. If you have irregular periods it is quite hard to determine the time of ovulation. One strategy is to have sex all the time :D - at least it is nice.
    4. Tiredness, breast getting swollen (but that also happen before you get your period), nausea. The most significant symptom is that your period is not starting when it should.
    5. "Deep" washing (ie showering inside vagina) should be avoided but otherwise the washing of the outer part does not matter.

3. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hi,

You can only get pregnant by having sex around the period of ovulation.This could give you max-4-6 days window.A sperm can survive in the body for max 5 days,however majority of the pregnancies are noted around 2 days before ovulation to the day of ovulation.So it makes sense that you time ur baby dance very near to the day of ovulation.
    Folic should be continued throughout the cycle irrespective of when you have sex.Also try and include omega3.8.9.
    Always wash the outsides of vagina and never flush the water insides.

4. geemathy

geemathy Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the reply.... Will follow the same....

5. geemathy

geemathy Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the reply... I think I should concentrate on the ovulation time period.... Let me follow the same and come up with results.

6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You can also consult an Ob-gyn just to get the basic tests done before TTC.
    It is advisable to start taking prenatal vitamins with folic acid. You can start tracking ovulation using ovulation predictor kits, or by basal body temperature.
    If your cycles are not regular then finding the ovulation window becomes even more important.

7. geemathy

geemathy Silver IL'ite

Oh what test do I need to take? Any idea?

8. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

9. geemathy

geemathy Silver IL'ite

10. Pri25080

Pri25080 Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    Hi!Geemathy
    How are you? So,what helped you because my conditions are somewhat like yours only.need some guidance about timed IC.
    THanks in advance.