1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Ldl Cholesterol Control.. Please Help

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by aswathyk, Apr 23, 2017.

1. aswathyk

aswathyk Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Today I have done my whole body check up. Everything is fine and normal.

But my LDL cholesterol level is little more than normal. But daily I walk 2km and do house cleaning works and dress washing daily workouts Surya namaskar etc...I never eat too much food and I don't have over weight.

But my husband is a foodie. He eat 2persons food and no exercise and no works. Always sit in front of laptop. But his cholesterol level is normal.

I really wondered how it happened. Anyway I need to take care of this. Anyone please suggest me gud ways to reduce LDL level without medicine.
    Is there any food for the same.

2. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

First of all LDL cholesterol being elevated among Indians is very common.
    Although you exercise, your intake of protein and fat must be high in cholesterol. Look into cholesterol high foods avoid them.

One must eat almost 6-5 servings of uncooked veggies per day for the cholesterol to reduce.

Know quite a bit of cholesterol coz my husband has really high level he eats 9 servings of uncooked veggies and 1 servings of protein no carbs.

aswathyk likes this.
  3. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

It is due to hereditary as well as the food habits, after certain point you have no longer control over it. I am also a foodie, I will not eat without a couple of side dishes with little rice. I do exercise 3k daily as much as possible. It puts me on medication at the age of 32!

I will rather die than eat low calorie diet. I am sure, I will have health issue at some point in life! The best I can do, keep up with my doctor visits!

aswathyk likes this.
  4. radv

radv Gold IL'ite

OP - whatever you do to reduce LDL, don't go for any medicine to reduce bad cholesterol, be it allopathic or any other alternative medicine. I took homeopathic treatment to reduce LDL, and ended up with having dryness.

aswathyk likes this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Both you and your husband are different, and may be he burns it and is not prone. I know about a very thin lady being treated for cholesterol.
    My cardiologist says just walking and doing the household chores is not enough at times. You need to really look closely at your meal and also exercise well. Sometimes we believe that nuts are healthy and instead of a few start eating a fist full. Portion size watch helps

We need to understand cholesterol, the ldl,hdl and tri and the healthy ratio.

You don't need meds unless your doctor thinks. He would have if he thought it necessary based on family history, weight, bp and other parameters.

Eat more greens, vegetables and garlic and proteins and fruits. More fiber. Reduce trans fat.

aswathyk likes this.
  6. aswathyk

aswathyk Gold IL'ite

Thank you all for your suggestions. I will concentrate on my health and healthy food.

Thanks again

7. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP, what about your HDL? It should be high
    Hope your thyroid is OK. If TSH is above 1 ( normal is up to 5)cholesterol levels will be elevated.
    If you believe you eat healthy food including veggies and fruits, omega3 foods and not much red meat , and if your LDL is not too high, don't worry too much. As long as our periods are there it is ok to some extent., if not we should be cautious..