Hormonal Changes Post Delivery..pls Advice

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Needtobestrong, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

8 plus months post C section Delivery, lot of changes r happening to me..
    My menses which resumed in 4 months post delivery are little erratic..
    Also the flow is having more of clots and period seems to be more tiring..
    I'm not using copper t or pill etc..
    For menstrual cramp I can take medicine...but what can I do for the tiredness? It's an extreme fatigue..I feel so damn tired all 5 days it saps me of all energy ..
    I had acne earlier which cleared up somewhat but the acne has come back with a vengeance..the summer heat also makes it worse..
    Have started seeing white hair on my head..want to know if postpartum hormonal change causes white hair..hair seems to fall , so I don't wash hair as much as I used to ..
    And every month the milk supply reduces with onset of periods...it's very less and not more than few drops come even if I pump and take herbal supplements..my baby stopped latching ages ago..
    How do I manage these hormonal changes? And inspite of doing hectic activity of cooking , household work I've not been able to lose weight...
    Sometimes I get up in middle of the night when my sleep is interrupted and end up tossing and turning for hours together, unable to sleep even though I'm actually tired and my body needs sleep..
    I also seem to fall sick quite often even though I'm housewife and don't step out much.
    I want to know if hormonal changes somewhat subside in some more months..what can I do to make it easier?
    I'm taking calcium, iron supplements, multivitamin etc as prescribed by doc.

2. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi dear @Needtobestrong
    I am also in the same boat : . .. I share most of your problems. Having a tough time. Was wondering how to ask help here.... thanks for raising this. Please help us....
    Cliona

Needtobestrong likes this.
  3. boldnbutiful

boldnbutiful Silver IL'ite

Hey as you know by now I am also in same boat but mine was normal delivery. ..
    Harmonal changes do occur for 1 year post delivery ( even weight reduction) until your body is completely rid of pregnancy harmones. ...

As far as milk supply with periods that is quite the common as your baby is 8 months it's not case that she is going hungry so don't stress yourself. ...

Check your iron and b12 levels...may be you should increase the dose

cliona and Needtobestrong like this.
  4. Needtobestrong

I have not lost more than1-2 kg since my discharge from hospital after delivery...inspireinspire of careful eating habits and physical activity I have not been able to lose weight..I couldn't BF exclusively due to low milk supply..my skin is excessively oily and I m having so many pimples..it wasn't not so bad earlier..the pimples don't go away easily and are leaving scars and pits on my skin..I have cut my hair quite short so that I can maintain easily..because hair fall and oily hair and dandruff can be more difficult to manage with longer hair..I look totally different and its demotivating when any relative, friend, neighbour etc whom I meet comments on it..
    I have met the physician and taking proper dosages of vitamin, iron and calcium.
    It's not about appearance alone, but I find it difficult to do work due to extra fat and get breathless easily..Now work is more and I need to be fit to cope with all that. I have family history of diabetes and BP and thyroid ..and I'm hypothyroid myself hence I'm very concious.

sindmani and cliona like this.
  5. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

All these would be there until, the hormones flush out.
    Would definitely take more a year...you might seem to get irritated often too.
    That's fine... Find some me time..join a gym.
    I was working then, it was hard for me to be at home on my maternity leave. I become normal after I joined office again...

sindmani, cliona and Needtobestrong like this.
  6. Needtobestrong

How to improve immunity after delivery to avoid catching cold cough etc?
    Because it's very important for mother to maintain proper health.

sindmani and cliona like this.
  7. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Hi, I went thru most of dis during my delivery too.

I gained so much weight n was moody.
    Period was erratic. Either nothing for a few months or all at d same time for days.
    Lost my skin tone, got dots on my face, lost hair, either skin was oily or dry. Yes milk, dem no milk. Pain here, pain der. No energy. Der was only extremes of everything.

First I went to a gyne to clear internally, get regular periods (getting dis regular fixes a lot of small to big health problems), rite vitamins n all dat.
    Wen u feel weak during ur periods, rest n eat healthy n energising food.
    Den dermatologist to clear d dots, get d rite creams n medicines to fix hair n skin.
    Milk, try with the help of a gyne or home remedies. If still nothing works, it's ok. Don't fret too much. Happens.
    Ur weight, look for a nutrition n follow der health plan. It will give u energy n lose weight.
    Also add more fun activities like Dancing with ur lil one in ur arms, dey love it. Also Take d stairs. Walk for ur groceries. Once u r comfy enuf, u can start yoga or gym.
    Watch movies / tv series, listen to music, read books to distract urself n to elevate ur mood. I used to watch / read a lot of comedy genre movies / books so dat I can laugh n get into a positive mode.

I did all of dese things to get out of it n it worked. It's not easy but definitely doable bcoz getting into d mind space can itself b half d battle.
    Many of us ladies goes thru this in der own different ways. We jus need to set our mind n go for it. Segregate each problem separately n resolve one by one. U will b bak to ur old n even a better self in no time.

8. boldnbutiful

Talk with u r gynic each bodies immunity is different, ....have lots of vit c and iron if you ate vegetarian Te b 12th ...everything depends on your body composition

sindmani, cliona and Needtobestrong like this.
  9. boldnbutiful

Excuse my typing...it's the best I could with baby in my hands

10. DrVandhana

DrVandhana Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I am an ayurvedic physician from kerala. According to your symptoms your pitta is aggravated and hence medicines required to stabilise pitta dosha has to be taken. As you are not lactating you can take ayurvedic medicines. U can take kashayams, lehyams to stabilise the condition. You also need to reduce spicy, pungent , sour and salty foods. Include buttermilk in your daily diet once daily. Start with mild exercises too.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2017