1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Relocating to Charlotte NC - Looking for good schools, apartments

Discussion in 'Indians in Charlotte' started by vanajagopal, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Roshni1705

Roshni1705 New IL'ite

Hi Guys, We are relocating to Charlotte next month. We are planning to book courtney oaks apartments. Does anyone has any idea bout good preschools in the steel creek area near courtney oaks apartments.... I have a 4 years old kid. I am looking for a very good preschool nearby. Please help me with that.

Also does anyone has any feedback about "the enclave at rivergate apartments" ? Is this society recommended from safety perspective and architecture perspective?

2. logintoramya

logintoramya New IL'ite

Hi All,

I'm planning to shift to south charlotte in mid of april. My office is going to be in Ballantine corporate place. Im new to this place and don't know any one from charlotte. I have 3 year old Kid. Can you please name some good apartment which has indian community also near to schools and ballantyne corporate place..

Thanks in advance. Your suggestion will help me a lot and to make better decision.

3. Meeena

Meeena New IL'ite

Hi
    I am looking to move to charlotte with a 9th grader and 3rd grader. Looking for good high school and elementary school. Prefer it to be not far away from work ( will look for a job once i move). Please let me know good high school area. We are moving from boston.
    Thanks
    Meena

creativemind23 likes this.
  4. Shakthi7

Shakthi7 Gold IL'ite

Meeena,
    We might move mid-2017. Please let me know about the schools, I have a high and middle schooler.
    Shakthi7

5. AnooSA

AnooSA Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I'm moving to Charlotte,NC in a month and my office is in N Tyron street, Charlotte,NC. Some of my team mates told me about N. Charlotte and South Charlotte (particularly Ballantyne)...
    I eard south charlotte is safe and secure compared to North. Can anyone please suggest good apartments in a) Ballantyne b)North Charlotte satisfying my below priorities?:
    1) Good Indian crowd...espl.families
    2)Good elementary schools

6. swamiji

swamiji New IL'ite

Hi,
    We are moving to Charlotte and wanted to understand the good elementary schools there (work place is Ballantyne) so was looking for something in that area. Heard Providence spring is good but does anybody know how is the apartment "promenade Park" which is close to providence spring? Is Mathews or Pineville better but could not find any good elementary in those areas... any idea on the good apartments with Indians in ballantyne area and also with a good elementary school... please help.

7. swamiji

swamiji New IL'ite

Did you get a response to your post? what did you end up with?

8. AnooSA

AnooSA Senior IL'ite

I live in Cheswyck Apartments in Ballantyne.It is 5mins drive from Ballantyne corporate place where most IT offices are located.
    In the 2months I've been here , i'd say the apartment maintenance is not great...but 95% indians and you get domestic help like food take out etc..and kids play together in the evening outside which they love...
    It comes under Endhaven Elementary school which is rated good and so far no concerns...
    Do not know about other apartments you mentioned....But Ballantyne is more residential and most schools are good, so i guess, you'll not regret with any apartments...
    Go with greatschools.com rating and schooldigger.com for more details...

9. raje

raje New IL'ite

Hi swamiji,
    Ballantyne is very good place it covers all the main things like good schools,hospitals,shopping,restaurants and so many Indian people .But only the problem is traffic

10. sandhyaanishka

sandhyaanishka New IL'ite

Hi,

We are moving to Charlotte and moving to providence court apartments.Elizaeth eleetary schol?How is the the appt community?Any Indians around in the apartments?please provide your opinions.