Any idea about Amniocentesis test ?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by indumathy_77, May 21, 2008.

1. SmitiG

SmitiG Junior IL'ite

Thank u so much dear. Your words are very encouraging for me. You will definitely cross this stage and deliver a healthy baby.... I feel our kids are very naughty and they want us to be in tension....
    God will help us. Take rest. This phase shall also pass...

2. SmitiG

SmitiG Junior IL'ite

Hi daffodil13
    How are u doing? I went for my amniocentesis yesterday and it went out well.. no pain or cramps at all. Hopefully results will also be good and my baby will be born normal...
    How are u feeling now? Hope all is well at your end too.

3. SmitiG

SmitiG Junior IL'ite

Thanks for the support.. your words really gave me a lot of encouragement and positivity.....i just pray to God to give us healthy babies..

4. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Hi smitig,

It's good that u completed it with out pain. Please take easy for 2 days. If possible take more bed rest to avoid any further issues.

Don't worry dear...I will pray that the results should be normal...and I sincerely wish that we will deliver healthy babies...

I am just passing my days with bed rest here...counting to reach at least 34 weeks...hoping I can reach there...all is well...

5. SmitiG

SmitiG Junior IL'ite

Hi Daffodil13
    I got my amnio reports and everything is normal by God's grace. Feeling so relaxed and happy. I was under a lot of stress for the past 1 month... it's a relief now.
    How are u doing? Few more weeks left for ur lil one to arrive.. u will definitely manage..
    Will surely pray for u. U were my big support for the amnio test otherwise I was clueless about it. Thanks a lot.... keep in touch.
    Take care and be happy. God will take care of everything else...

6. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Hi SmitiG,

That is really a great news dear...:). I am so happy for you. Now just relax and Enjoy pregnancy..
    yes dear. Now stepped in to 29th week...Another 7 weeks to go and I reach 36 weeks. I am praying to reach there.
    You also take care and keep in touch. I wish that everything goes smooth and you start njoying this phase now...:)

7. Momtobe2

Momtobe2 New IL'ite

Hi daffodil.. hope ur doing good am a silent follower of this site.. i need few infos from you.. am also from blore conceived twins through ivf, in my 13th week scan one of my twin nt measurement was 2.7mm which gave me a risk of 1 in 728 i was asked to do double marker my blood tests reduced my risks to 1 in 2400 so my dr didn't asked me to do amnio but I have to go for a early 16 weeks anomaly scan which am so scared of what if something may go wrong, with all this my husband is travelling for a month this weekend :( i want to know what was ur nt measurement which week of ur pregnancy u did amnio and where in banglore? am consulting dr manjula deepak cloud nine and scans in banglore fetal medicine by dr prathima... Ur story was truly inspiring i don't think I will have such courage like you believe u would have delivered ur baby now.. am so happy for u.. do reply when you find time sorry for the longgggg post.. thanks in advance:)

8. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Hi Mom tobe2,
    Congratulations dear on your pregnancy. Don't worry. Your values are not in risk zone. Double marker results for you are far far better. 1 in 2400 is very minimal due to which your doctor has not advised Amnio. Mine was 1 in 300 odd which is in very risky zone. I went through Amnio in Manipal hospital. But I trust you don't need it. Follow ur doc advice.

Early anamoly scan is to just ensure that everything is fine. Don't take any tension. I am sure that things will be all fine. I understand how difficult is ivf journey. This pregnancy is very precious to you so take rest and relax. Yes dear...I delivered baby boy on June 22nd. Everything is good and little busy with baby things. I might login here not so frequently but take my word. It will be all fine in ur case.

9. Momtobe2

Momtobe2 New IL'ite

Hi daffodil.. thank you for ur kind words.. u may not know how much it means to me in such a situation.. hoping for the best.. thank you so much :)

10. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

No issues dear...I am glad that I could ease ur mind. I can understand your state now. I was in same state once with lot of tension. I have gone through sleepless nights and terrible days. I cannot forget them but many wonderful ladies here helped to come out of it.

I wish you a happy pregnancy and a healthy child.