1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pregnancy And Sex Life Down The Drain

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by Jazmine83, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Jazmine83

Jazmine83 Gold IL'ite

I am entering my 3rd trimester. Everything is good. I look good, I feel good, my health is fine, baby's health is fine. There is just one problem. My sex life :(

I am too tired. We do it only twice a month. The rest of the time around noon I do feel the mood, but by the time I get done with work & come home..I don't feel it anymore..I am just tired. I do very little in the house, my husband cooks and he does most of the cleaning & grocery shopping. Time is not a constraint. I am somehow able to move my ass to the gym & get a decent workout, I go for walks & swims with H & friends. But in bed, I am just not feeling it. When I do feel it, everything has to be perfect..it has to be on a weekend morning and I should have had a good nights sleep and there should be no time commitments...then I feel it & I enjoy it too. This was not the case before pregnancy, we had a active sex life for 3 years doing "matter" few times a week and multiple times on weekend. Will this get better or is it doomed further after the baby :(

KashmirFlower likes this.

2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

When you are already "expecting".... you can become a wee bit insane.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." (A. Einstein, or Mark Twain, or may be even Ben Franklin).
    OTOH, there was a fashionista, who had said....[​IMG]

She was likely talking about clothing ensembles. :tonguewink:

3. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

hang in there...it will go worse aftrr baby..but will be better after ayear or so.

Jazmine83 likes this.
  4. boldnbutiful

boldnbutiful Silver IL'ite

Good ur at least having it twice a month..from the time icame to know I am expecting we nvr had , now my baby is almost completing 5 months..so its been over an year we had ..I tried to initiate also but my dh nvr takes it frwd

Jazmine83 likes this.
  5. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Dear OP,
    Your frequency of it seems pretty good for third trimester. It was so difficult for me , I think most of the ladies dont do it as we move close to delivery. Now nature is preparing you for the "grand event' and the changes in hormones may make you focus on motherhood and your baby than it. You will be surprised. After delivery,your geography, physics,chemistry, biology etc...:blush: change for sure, it will never be the same as before.. even after having the baby your body will be tuned for the baby..
    The sensitivity of your body to sex may change during this time.. Don't worry..you will be back on track with in six month to one year post delivery depending upon your health and postpartum situations. Breast feeding also affect our body and our bodys response to sex . But baby is more important than anything else right..It is a phase in our life..
    Enjoy this stage of your pregnancy to the fullest.. each moment is precious. Enjoy those baby movements. Try to talk to your baby. Enjoy these moments with dh.

I used to feel very amazed , still, on how nature is preparing us for motherhood. So amazing.....

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    marked9 and Jazmine83 like this.