poojas for childrens health

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by EagerForInfo, Feb 18, 2016.

1. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

@BhartiVihaan
    There are many slokas in SoundaryaLahari for curing the sickness in that particularly for children read 38th sloka

2. BhartiVihaan

BhartiVihaan New IL'ite

Hi Saps..
    I checked the vit D dosage for my son.
    It is 1000 iu per drop and he is taking 4 drops daily - 2 drops in morning and 2 drops in evening.
    So it is around 28000 for a week. However this dosage is less as compared to the dosage given to your daughter.
    Please guide.

3. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

4000 iu a day is a good dose. Doctor must have taken into consideration his weight too. his multivitamin may also be having vitamin d. Give this for a month and see if there any difference.Do consult another pediatrician if you don't see much change after 4-6 weeks.

I have heard when giving vitamin d, you should also increase magnesium and calcium intake. Give him milk fortified with vitamin d, give eggs, fish if you are non vegetarians. banana, dried fruits,dates, leafy veges, etc. When in India do allow him to be in the sun. Hope he recovers soon. Also, if possible do check your levels too. Even adults need it and here vitamin d deficiency is now very common.

4. BhartiVihaan

BhartiVihaan New IL'ite

Doctor has given him calcium syrup as well.Lets see for a month if there is any improvement in his health.
    How is your daughter now ?
    I will get my vit D also checked.
    Im giving septilin also to my son..
    Planning to give dabur chawanprash also .
    He is very fussy eater, will do so much drama to eat anything.

5. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

She normally gets a cold with climate change. No such issue nowadays touchwood. Havent checked her levels since that test so no idea how much it is. But see a growth difference plus the immunity level and overall sleep as well.
    Your son will be ok in a few months, dont worry. I made the mistake of not giving the maintenance and that reflects in her overall growth. She is smaller than her peers.

What i am not able to digest the fact is doctors HERE themselves dont have much awareness of vitamin d. I will not want that to happen to another parent. Take care

6. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

Does he have constipation? my daughter suffered a lot due to constipation. That issue is also resolved now. Vitamin d is needed for loads of things which i was not aware of. Forgot to mention that earlier

7. BhartiVihaan

BhartiVihaan New IL'ite

Thanks a lot saps.
    Your daughter will be absolutely fine..

My son does not have constipation problem.But may be due to frequent colds, cough and fever , his food intake is less.
    As u said it is true about vit D. I also realise now.

Please if you could suggest me for weight gaining receipes and remedies for flu.

GOD bless u dear.

8. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

thanks dear.
    yeah his food intake may be less due to frequent illnesses.

here is what I give her
    banana is calorie dense,so if he likes then do encourage him to eat bananas( kerala bananas are the best). With cold you might want to avoid it. But you can give the raw bananas make into some bhaji and give. It is very good for weight gain and also has lots of nutrients. My daughter is a fussy eater but she loves bananas. Can have 2-3 bananas (kerala ones)at one go. give any fruits he likes to eat. All are good. juice has zero nutrition
    and very high sugar content. Not good at all if he likes juice(who doesn't) keep a limit. here I know juices are easily available. kids are bound to like it.

Also, give moong, Red chouri. soak in water if possible overnight or if difficult then atleast 2-3 hours. It increases the nutritional value of the pulses. Same goes for chana and chhole. I give (any one pulses a day, keep changing so he wont get fed up) 5-6 a week. Very high in proteins and good for weight gain. Same goes for almonds. soak in water. Give 4-5 almonds daily. 3 dates a day.Dates is very good for iron, immunity etc the list is long for its benefits.

if he eats leafy veges then wow. atleast 2-3 times a week.If no veges my daughter will happily eat with curd, fish. My daughter wont eat on her own all the above food but if I feed her she eats. bad habit I know but I rather want to see her grow.

I don't give her chicken due to the hormones but 2-3 eggs a week not more than that. fish i give 2-3 times a week, sardines and mackerel are better than the larger ones due to its oil contents. 2 glasses of milk. paneer is good too

Don't force him but give him what he likes. make him favourites too Once in a while its ok to have cheat days for chips, biscuits,nuggets. I prefer not to give them when they are fussy eaters. I don't buy them that often so the problem of fighting for it doesn't arise. Problem is when you buy and keep it at home. They refuse to eat proper food when given junk food.

Hope this helps. My daughter wont put on much weight genetics being one factor. But she is healthy otherwise so that's ok with me. If he otherwise eats well then weight gain shouldn't be problem. good luck to you. I have first hand experience with fussy eaters so I know how difficult it is to feed them. take care of your health too.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  9. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

Deleted

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  10. BhartiVihaan

BhartiVihaan New IL'ite

Thanks a lot dear for detailed explanation.
    Will try all your suggestions :)

Where u stay in gulf?