1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Healthy Breakfast And Smoothie Ideas

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by JGVR, Feb 15, 2017.

1. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

Everyday my breakfast is milk with cereals.I feel the urge to eat more cereals when i have this breakfast.

Please suggest me wholesome breakfast ideas which will keep me full for sometime.I have 2 kids whom i have to get ready to go to school,so cooking breakfast is not an option for me.But i can do some cooking and freeze it over the weekend.

Also i have nutribullet,but not a big fan of smoothies as some of the smoothies i made were not that good tasting.Please suggest me some healthy and tasty smoothie recipes to prepare in the morning

2. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

I use protein powder to enhance the smoothie flavor.
    Usually these are couple recipes that I do for 2 people protein shake/ smoothie -

2 banana
    7-8 stawrberry
    Handful blueberry
    2 scoops protein powder (chocolate flavor)
    Water (substitute with milk) if needed

2 banana
    8 kiwi
    Honey
    Water
    Vanilla flavored protein powers

1/2 pineapple
    2 banana
    2-3 small orange
    Water/ milk
    Honey
    Berry flavored protein powder

With smoothie there is boiled eggs, oatmeal, toast every other day.

anika987, blessings1010 and JGVR like this.
  3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

4. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

Pressure cook carrots, add milk and honey as desired and blend. Add cardamom

You can add nut powders. I powder almonds, walnuts and flax seeds 1:1:0.33 and store it in a air-tight bottle.

JGVR likes this.
  5. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

you can try Ragi malt or dry roast all the cereals & grains & nuts in equal ratio & grind it into powder, boil water , add required quantity of the powder ( one spoon per person) let it thicken, cool it, mix milk &sugar or butter milk & salt which ever you like. as far as south Indian markets are concern, it is available in the form of ready to mix.
    ( health mix or sathumavukanji in tamil)

JGVR likes this.
  6. rbb

rbb New IL'ite

Cereal and milk is the worst thing you can eat for breakfast. Even the so-called "healthy" cereals are laden with sugar and refined carbohydrates. What you need is to try and cut out refined carbohydrates from your diet, and use slow-release, low-GI carbs, if you must have carbs at all. It amazes me how much the Indian diet is reliant on carbohydrates, mostly refined and high-GI.
    You must include some healthy fats in your breakfast to keep you full for longer. Avocado is a great addition to any smoothie. Also ground nuts and seeds, or buy some nut butter (NOT the commercially produced cheap peanut butters which are laden with sugar) to add in. For sweetness, use berries, or buy some Stevia, which is an amazing natural sweetener that is so sweet you only need a teeny tiny amount.