1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ways To Keep Your Kids Occupied With Yourself

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by AmayaGirl, Mar 28, 2017.

1. AmayaGirl

AmayaGirl New IL'ite

Hi,

I am a mum of two and stay in a joint family. I do have official work to do from home. Also, I cook myself.
    The situation is DH is supposed to abroad for some work for about 2 months. He is v supportive in terms of handling kids. When he is at home he do not let any kid to weep.

Now, as he is leaving I want my kids to stay by my side all the time. Reason being ppl get irritated when its not their mood of playing. My elder one is specially attached to others.If he says that he wants to sleep with grand mother he will.. even grand mother cant deny. He gives me least priority however I do all his chores.

suggest me few creative tips to get kids engaged to myself.

Thanks

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

HUG them everyday. . call them by new new nicknames. You play with them whatever they demand you to play. surely you can. Try. Surely you will succeed

KashmirFlower likes this.
  3. kavithas2217

kavithas2217 Bronze IL'ite

I think you are not getting enough time to spend with your kids, due to which they are attached to other family members. Try to take out some time for your kids from your busy schedule, cook their favourite food, tell them stories, play with them, take them out to park in the evening, tell them bed time stories for which they will want to sleep with you. Hug them often, tell them how much you love them, kiss and cuddle with them during bedtime. On weekends you can make bathing them as a fun game, so that they look forward to it every weekend. Try to take them on picnics on weekends where you play games, laugh out loud, sing, dance and run around with them, make weekend as your special bonding time. Hope some of these ideas help you.

4. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP,
    I think its always same with mom. She is the one who does most of the work and in some cases, is the one, who spends most of time with kids ( if SAHM mom), but she is the one most dis-respected in the house. I feel same these days which is why want to get out and get into workforce.
    But anyways, I think kids love their moms, Only that they do not express in that age. When they grow up, or away they realize. They go to dad or grandparents for many reasons as they see them less and get all their attention ( unlike us who are working household stuff and taking care of them at the same time). Moms are disciplinarian and dad/grandparents pamper them. Its nature of this childhood.
    Feel lucky and happy your kids have grandparents to love and pamper them. Unlike us, who are away and see them only for couple days.

You need to play with kids. Involve in painting or paper cutting kind of projects so they feel mommy is also fun. Based on age of kids you can pick activities.