Preparation For Ivf...buddies Join Me

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by msms, Jun 21, 2016.

1. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

All the best @Sags ..:) you will be in my prayer..abt climbing stairs am not sure ...dont worry dear come with strong BFP....:)

Sags likes this.
  2. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

I live in the first floor. There is no issue in climbing stairs. I just walked very slow during the 2WW. Dont worry, my doc said nothing we can do to make it not happen. Just dont lift anything heavy. All the best for your ET.

My prayers for you dear. Loads of stickiest baby dust to you both. May this cycle bring the most awaited BFP.

Lots of love and hugs to you :)

28neha and Sags like this.
  3. Sags

Sags Silver IL'ite

@28neha @jillcastle thanks much girls.

Done with FET. Back home. Not much pain at all. Other than that my butt is hurting from PIO shots. Though my husband became a pro already to punch with a needle from back (on a lighter note). And fortunately i have a bigger bums and lot of places to puncture wondering how slim person can survive this.

28neha, Vasumathy and ashwinim3006 like this.
  4. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

In my case, there isn't much place to change the injection site. But I have seen that some sites hurt a lot more than the others. So I generally ask my DH to inject in the same site that hurts less. One out of 5 injections hurt. The rest are manageable. Anyway, the hard part is over. You have done your part. Leave the rest to God. When is your HCG test? Probably 9 days from now? Relax until then and eat healthy.

I was supposed to stop my PIO shots today, but I stopped it yesterday itself. My DH kept asking me today morning if I was sure. I just could not wait to get over with it and I refused. Could not take one more day.

28neha and Vasumathy like this.
  5. Sags

Sags Silver IL'ite

@jillcastle good to know you are done with the shots. My test is on apr 3rd. Fingers crossed.

28neha likes this.
  6. hoping4amiracle

hoping4amiracle Gold IL'ite

@Sags - All the best dear.. Hoping for a strong bfp.. Just don't lift anything heavy and avoid heavy exercises.. And climb slowly on stairs.. Rest should be fine.. Just be relaxed.. Tc

Sags and 28neha like this.
  7. wish4miracle

wish4miracle Silver IL'ite

Hi everyone, right now I am in stimulation phase. I have been taking gonal f injections 187.5 dosage for past 2 days. Along with it, today I was told to take luveris 75iu. They dint get any blood test today to evaluate for adding any injections. When I asked the nurse she said it is part of protocol and asked if I have low amh. My amh is 6.4. do u guys know why this is prescribed.

8. hoping4amiracle

hoping4amiracle Gold IL'ite

@wish4miracle - There are many standard protocols used by ivf clinics, based on our initial tests,age etc.. There r protocols like Agoinst,Antagoinst,Estrogen priming.. this and that.. Basically its just a mixture of medicines and timings,, Like take this injection fr som many days, then start this..,and so on.. So initially once they have decided a protocol for you, they will go accordingly.. After 5 days or so(depends), they will start your scan and then based on your follicles measurement and/or E2 value they will increase or decrease your injection dosage. Luveris is also an IVF drug as I an see in google, there is nothing to think too much abt the drugs and brands. Leave it to your doc to decide it.. I too had gonal f and menopur and another injection mixed..
    Relax and let ur follies grow :)

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Msms,
    Hba1c tells you the sugar control in your body in the past and can guide you in next coming months.
    Ya, ask about those tablets. Generally 3 months is the time for some improvement to be seen in ovaries and follicles. Give it a try to..

Bcp is part of general protocol. Some docs do start from 2 day of periods too without using bcp. Bcps help them to time the ivf and other things.

Neha,
    Slow climbing is OK with stairs too. But try to avoid stairs to max in the initial few days after ET. Rest well in that time. That will help you.

Sags,
    All the best to your 2ww. Hope all will go well. Rest well. Eat healthy. Be positive.
    Wish4miracle,
    Do you have regular scans to check follicle growth? If that's reasonable, doc might be holding the blood tests..
    All the best to your ivf.

Baby dust to all TTC ladies.

Sags and 28neha like this.
  10. sp1209

sp1209 New IL'ite

Going to ivf-icsi in april . Did all the test .
    Need help regarding the following tests
    1. Thyroglobulin antibodies- positive .
    What does thiis means ? Will it affect the ivf-icsi success . I am really worried .

2. Basal scan shows hemmorage cyst on left side again the same will it affect the no. Of follicles after stimulation
    Thanks