1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Age Difference In Marraige

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by acebdh, Mar 1, 2017.

1. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

Shahid Kapoor (Bollywood) married Meera who is 13 years younger than him. moreover it was an arranged marriage. And by their own admission in Koffee with Karan they are a ver happy well adjusted couple. Age is not a factor among many other things except mental compatibility; and this is all that matters.

2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP, if both of you are happy and comfortable with each other , and if you both can connect at emotional and intellectual levels nothing to worry. You have also said that both of you are from similar social levels and parents agree with your alliance, then what is the problem.
    If have any concern about your hair line or you are concerned about age difference feel free to talk and understand her response. If she is ok, then you can move ahead with confidence.
    Marriage is about acceptance,- accepting the person with positives and negativese. If your girl is happy with her selection and you are happy, I think age difference is not a problem

Ideally , in arranged marriage , age difference is good at least upto 6y ( I read it somewhere)because women age faster and they are emotionally mature. But men won't age that faster. So it can be a blessing in future

I have two friends ( both almost bald headed)who got married(at 32+)to sweet pretty ladies at least 8-10 younger to them). Both are happy with their life. Their marriage got delayed mostly due to higher studies and search for better career options.
    If both of you love and care each other post marriage age difference will not become a problem, if not anything can turn into a problem.
    If there is love, there is a way. All the best.

3. acebdh

acebdh New IL'ite

Thanks all for your replies.

4. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

every woman n man is different--some women r fine with bald men,some don't even like receeding hairline...

some r fine with average earning man, other women reject men based on their salary , most of those used to nice lifestyle while growing up look for similar financially compatible/aka high earning hubby....some women r fine with short men, some like tall,,,

some men n women like same age partner n some r fine with vast age difference..'

u shud be asking her what she wants n asking yourself what u want....at the end of the day chemistry is more important,..even if everything looks good on paper but there is no spark or chemistry then that marriage is a drag rather than the joyride its supposed to be !

5. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

It will not matter if you both are happy and content with each other. If you have any doubts she thinks different clear it before marriage. Because if that doubt remain and u marry. During each fight u have this will be main issue that will be brought up. Keep no doubts in mind clear everything between you both.

6. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

age is just a number.compatibility is what matters most for a successful marriage

7. Rukmini78

Rukmini78 New IL'ite

One of my closest friend married at the age of 23 with age gap of 7yrs and they are living wonderfully well. It is about choices and compromises. Honestly balding should be least of your problem, there would be much serious issues that you ought to face when u move this thing forward. Just that at that point you both should be willing to compromise, emotionally if you connect and understand what the other person would feel then that is it. You don't have to worry much. By the way we live in a time where women are getting married to younger guys and vice versa. so age really doesn't matter. May the best come your way. good luck

rupz likes this.
  8. rupz

rupz Silver IL'ite

HI,

I am married for 6 years now.
    As the above post said there is a age difference between the two .. i m sailing in the same boat people.
    I got married to a myDH (Who is dear to me) and we have a gap of 7 years. (Arranged Marriage happened in span or 45 days)
    Guess its a lot similar to the original post. (and i appreciate a man speaking it at a ladies forum and trying to understand ladies point of view on it.)
    As bhagya85 - said communicating helps and it does surely makes a difference.
    At first we did have issues coz of age he was (is still) bit reserved (no to even holding hands when out together :confundio1:) or no pictures together hugging or anything like the couples post now a days...but we spoke of smaller things simple things i liked us doing together and things sorted out now have changed to look at the bigger picture together.
    and now we are good and going strong -- in love sort of.
    so age has nothing to do with it.
    let it flow ..see where it goes. and be happy whichever path it takes.