1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Just A Vent

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by adisum, Mar 2, 2017.

1. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

I have no one to share what i am going through , the only person i can share everything with is the reason behind my sadness, main character of this vent.

I am not married yet but after being in a long relationship of about 6 years , me and my fiancee behave like husband and wife. I dont know if its fine or not bt thats nt the point here. The point is all of a sudden he has started taking me for granted. .
    I could have never imagined that this would happen to me bt he is sooooo indulged in his work , he is a govt. Employee in department of posts , india. He has a 9-5 job. It was all fine till last november. Then he got transferred to another locality.

There staff is short and work load is more than before. I understand all this i am also working i know it is dufficult to find time for each other in office hours. My exepectation is very simple tjst we must spend time after office hoirs. Usually whenever he came back home ( we both leave at the same time almost ) , we both used to chat till we go to bed. We talk about our future life , some fun stuffs, some old friend gossips , about both our families , watch movies together ( he at his place n me at mine but at same time), watching each other's favourite tv shows. He helping his mom , me helping mine. This was our evening routine. At the end of the day we both have always slept peacefully and satisfied from life.

But these days from past 2 months specially, he is alwasy serious talking about work , office , bad collegues , cribbing all the time about work load , he dont bother to ask me whther i had my lunch or not , what is going on at my workplace , how my parents are doin. Which special day is coming.. nothing he responds to nothing. Our valentines went just like another day

I dont know what the reSon is, we used to talk over whatsapp hike etc till late in night , but nw he just went to sleep all of a sudden while talking to me by 11pm-12am. He is not at all cheating on me , i can really observe that if in case. But no he is loyal to me. I dont know if any mistake is from my end ? What should i do to make him relaize that i have some expectations that i want him to make me feel special. ( That i usually do by putting status for him, sending him various love quotes throughout the day , asking him about his meals , taking care of each Nd everything required by him. )

Should i try opposite ? Should i ignore him to see if he notices that ? I am afraid if he wont notice , i will be broken. Today also , i was telling him that i need his time more often and he just slept off in between the conversTion, i tried to wake him up but he said dont bother me , dont make my headache more inense , has he losen his interest in me ? I dont want to loose him , he dont want to loose me either , pblm is he has taken me for granted. He behaves like this at night and then say sorry i love you etc etc in the morning. I want his time may be just one hour only for me .... no other work in that time. Am i expecting too much ,????

2. Cantdecide

Cantdecide Silver IL'ite

I'm sorry you are going through this - a new job can be very very stressful and really change someone's personality and outlook on things. It sounds like he is struggling to adapt to the new pressures of his job. Someone's job is so important to their sense of self and identity that it can be consuming when it is not going well. Is there any way for him to get a transfer somewhere else or put in a request for the same so he knows that there is relief in the future?

adisum likes this.
  3. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,

When I read your post, the first thing that comes to my mind is my toddler boy. You sound so much like him. My 2 year old boy wants my special attention ALL THE TIME! No matter what I went through during the day, no matter how tired I am! The only difference is that you are not wanting your BF attention all the time but in your own special way irrespective of his state.

See, you need to understand things from his perspective. He is going through quite a bit in his new job and is stressed. Dear, it is not always about you. From your post, it appears that he is still making time for you and you guys are talking to each other every single day; but the lovely dovely acts has reduced from his side. This does not mean that he loves you less or is less attractive to you. May be he is so tired of his new job, both mentally and physically.

Mine is also a love marriage like yours with us being in relationship for a long time before marriage. We always had been so lovely dovely with each other after we finished our college and started working. This is when we moved to a different city from our parents. We used to talk to each other a LOT over phone and also go shopping, movies together. We were almost always in touch either in phone, or messenger, or in person. After marriage, this continued for about 6 years till we had our boy. Now, it has all changed. Our boy is the focus of everything in our life. There are no more extensive lovely dovely messages to each other anymore. This does not mean that we love each other less than before. It means we are having other things in life that need our focus, energy and attention. We still have our quality time every day after tucking our boy into bed.

My situation is completely differnt from yours. But I want you to know things change as you enter into new phases of life, some are permamnent and some are temporary changes. As long as you both genuinely love and care for each other, please rest assured that all will be well!

You both, as a couple, will have a lot going through after marriage. Lend a willing ear to all his issues with work. Be supportive to him. Life is not only about those lovely dovely moments. You need to learn to balance your expectations and emotions! Good luck dear!

bron, greenchilli, guesshoo and 5 others like this.
  4. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Dear,
    I will not say your expectations are wrong. But he has been giving u all his time when he was free. Now that the work load has taken a hit on him he needs his own time. May be he is venting out to you and his work load ( as mentioned by you) surely deserves an early sleep. I have read some of your posts and I would recommend you to give more time to your family to keep yourself engaged. Though u are in a relationship since 6 years, understand every relation has a phase wherein there are some ups and downs. You have to be always mentally prepared for the same.
    Dont give so much importance to chatting and texting all day. It can make you lose the fun of your own life. May be u r too young to understand this. Life and relationships are more than this dear. Spend time with your parents, after marriage you may not be able to do that to the fullest. Take care of yourself too. Try out various hobbies and do not expect your BF to give you all the attention.
    Love your Zindagi... Alia :))

adisum, yellowmango and SunPa like this.
  5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Poor guy ...falling asleep while talking :anguished:
    Give him time to adjust to the new setting.
    Be supportive.
    Send him sweet good night sweet dream messages and you also sleep on time.It is good for your beauty.

Lay low for sometime.
    Distance will make him yearn for you more.
    Keep sunday for the talking and meeting stuff.
    Like Vani said.....enjoy your time with your family.
    Enjoy being single for some more time.:)

adisum likes this.
  6. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP,

Your experience is similar to mine except it was me who used to dose off.

Initially before marriage, when me and my H started working, he used to do night shifts...standard time, no extensions but me on the other hand used to stretch for two to three hours in addition to my regular nine hours during morning hours.

initial few days were hard for us so we used to make time and talk but later on the stress at work and long waking hours took a toll on me and I used to fall asleep early, I couldn't manage to be romantic since I was mostly worried about my work life....

But my H understood me then. Heck, there were times when we used to go to movies and I used to start snoring in the middle of a matinee show and he used to wake me up after the movie ends. hehehe...

It is now a wonderful memory for us......

Relax, your guy isn't ignoring you. he is just worried about his new job role and bad colleagues.

I think you should actually be a comfort for him. If I was in your place, I would listen to his frustrations. You should be glad he is sharing all this with you....offer him suggestions where you think he should work on. Shower him with gifts by ordering online. Send him a greeting card vai Post ;) and surprise him with flowers and chocolates.

Keep sending these sweet love messages!

OP, its not only girls but even guys love to be pampered in love sometimes. Think of it as your turn now!

adisum and yellowmango like this.
  7. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

He has just got transferred in December 2016 @Cantdecide , cant get another transfer for next 4 years. Actually the main issue is the transfer here. He applied for the transfer for his home town, but just a week before transfer he get to know that he has been transferred to some other sub-post office. That makes him negative and now because of that he is seeing only negative in everything about the workplace.

8. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

You are talking like him :yum: He just said this in the morning that i am behaving like a 5 year old girl who want all the attention. But thats not the case dear. I have been patient for 3 long months, i supported him for every issue. He used to talk about his office on our dates as well , still i never created an issue. I have always listened to him attentively , supported him, soothed him by suggesting solutions. But i also have some limits. :unamused:

Long back before 2014 , when he was not working and i was . He used to fight with me for my time. I used to be really tired at that time because of that job responsibilities and long hours timings but i was not allowed to sleep in between the conversations otherwise no talking for about 2-3 days from his side. I dont want to raise the issues from the past but why the relationship rules are different from him and me . I am not a morning person, i like to sleep late on sundays, but he always wake up by 8 on sundays even. And i am supposed to be talking to him at that time sacrificing my sleep. I want him to understand that he is not the only person on earth who gets tired :mad:

9. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

u r right, i have been so habitual talking to him all the time that i have stopped giving time to myself. I am so naive ... i will do this from today onward, i will start writing something i am thinking about this for a very long time and didn't find time for it. may be i can do it now. I love zindagi, i hope zindagi also loves me :blush:

10. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

We are in different cities @yellowmango , he dont want to travel on sundays and dont allow me to travel alone to his city. Coz only way to reach is by bus and he dont feel it safe for me (I also dont feel safe). I dont want him to just talk to me all the time and only love stuff all the time, but does it hurt to say i love you all of a sudden without any reason ? i just need that to melt down my anger.

I am being supportive, may be i have to expect 1% and support 99% .... just want him to be happy yr. he is not listening to me when i am saying that leave your office in office only , dont carry the burden to home. 2 days he behaves fine and then again the same things start from 3rd day onwards. Dont know how to make him understand