My Story Of Infertility

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Elsa, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

Although I haven't seen the 2 pink lines myself ever in my life, if I have anything to tell you at this point, it is 'Do not lose hope. Keep trying.'

Hope2017 likes this.
  2. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

I am back with an update. And I would probably need everyone's opinions as well.

I decided to go for an IUI cycle with injectibles for follicle generation and stimulation as suggested by my doctor. At the end of the 10th day, I had 7 mature follicles. Now I am in a fix, do I go ahead with an IUI? In that case, if at all this is going to be my lucky cycle, I have more chamces pf getting pregnant.

But the downside is that, I could end up with multiples. Probably more than 2.

Has anyone had to face a similar issue during their ttc? I am not sure if I should go for IUI now. Or whether to go for IVF? I am not prepared for an IVF at this point!

3. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

Can someone please help me make a decision?. Thank you in advance!

4. ashwinim3006

ashwinim3006 Gold IL'ite

It's quite risky to go ahead with the cycle, neither ur doctor nor anyone would suggest u to go ahead with the cycle. 7 follicles r enormous for an IUI. The quantity of follicles is not as important as quality of follicles in case of IUI. It's ovarian hyperstimulation I guess. That can be dangerous as well. (P.S: I don't want to scare u, but it's wat the literatures say). I guess ur doctor has given u higher doses of gonadotropins without scaling the dose. U haven't mentioned the dose here.I think u visit him/her to evaluate the problem in the cycle so that u can have successful cycles in coming months. Since ur IUI has not still been done, we don't know the outcome, so better stick with it for next few months with adjustment of doses n then if at all it doesn't click then IVF is always an option. N if u r not happy with doctor's explainations with this cycle, change ur doctor, since this is something which is totally not expected for an IUI cycle. Don't be disheartened, hopefully ur next cycle will be ur lucky one. Hang in there, lots of baby dust .:thumbsup:

5. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

Thank you very much for your kind words.

I have decided to look for another doctor next month. I had to waste a cycle for no reason. At this point, IVF is not an option for me. I would like to try a few more IUI's and then move to IVF. I had to cancel my IVF egg retrieval appointment. I felt as if I was forced to do an IVF in my current cycle.

I have had high hopes on this cycle, I never expected it to end up being a dud like this. I feel, the harder I try, the harder I am pushed back. I have 2 weeks to collect myself amd try again. I feel I have lost my ability to remain stronger any more. I was so proud of my achievements in my life, my academics, my success only to end up losing everything in the process of having a baby along woth losing my mental strength, self-confidence.

I mostly keep to myself. I dont socialize with anyone, as there is no one in my freinds and acquintaindes group without kids. I feel like an odd one out. I cant relate to their discussions anymore. And I cant really participate in all of their discussions either. I am left out of birthday parties and almost all dinner/weekend parties now turned kids play dates. I pretend to be busy, because I try to keep away from friends with kids as much as possible.

6. ashwinim3006

ashwinim3006 Gold IL'ite

Hey Elsa, I feel exactly the same as u do. Having no baby makes u less important in social events. No one bothers to talk to us or even if dey do, dey give a piece of advice to have a baby soon. V r not supposed to enjoy anything I in life coz, 'NO KIDS' yet.Even I have stopped attending such events n getting disappointed. Ur academic achievement has no value coz the only achievement they c after marriage is how soon u conceive n how many u conceive, I don't think any woman is an exception for this. Our indian society thinks like this. Dey don't know much more pressure it mounts on us. Most of the couples r stressed out more coz of their perception by society rather than themselves. I don't know wen this mentality will change n wen people will allow us to lead a normal life. :scream:
    Only thing I can say u is EVERY DOG HAS A DAY n our day will come, until then v need to have patience, n trust me this journey has made us more stronger n more bonded as a couple, that's the positive side of TTC. So just keep trying n hoping that u hold ur LO in ur arms very soon. Lots of Baby dust dear. :cheer:

Elsa and wish4miracle like this.
  7. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

I can completely relate to both of you. And now its been years ...i am suvk and tired of those negative feelings, questions etc. I had been ignoring going to my mom's place as I knew everybody will ask me about the treatment. But then I decided not to be like this. I went to my mom's place when anybody asked about my treatment, I strongly told that I don't want to talk about that. I have come here to release stress and you guys give me more stress by asking these questions. It will happen when I has to happen, period!
    @ashwinim3006 thaks for sharing those blogs. We need to be strong and think about our achievements. There is a rule in life the more you make yourself down the more people do the same. So if you are strong and proud..nobody can make you feel down.
    My ttc journey is been long now..and still in that phase..but i know this too shall pass...and I will come out as winner like other members of this forum....so girls..we don't have any control on these things but we can have control on our thoughts....think good and don't ignore people ...face everyone. I know its difficult..but I am doing the same...in my office if i see anyone...i feel like they are sympathetic to me...but I don't show any sad face or mood swings...i don't give them chance to ask me..if they do..i tell yeah everything is normal...the delay is from god's side....
    Our day will come too. We all will conceive and hold our little ones soon.

sunnysideup and ashwinim3006 like this.
  8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Elsa,
    I was a good responder or high responder with most of the medicated cycles for my first pregnancy attempt. None of the cycles succeeded even after proceeding with the treatment. Quality of follicles are more important than quantity. May be you can try naturally this cycle. Natural conception generally allows just one or two, not more than that. Body has the tendency to reject poor quality and unwanted stuffs.
    Until you sort out the doctors and treatments, keep trying naturally will zero stress and expectations.

Elsa likes this.
  9. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

Trying naturally is not an option for me. My husbad has been suffering from ED since the day 1 of our marriage. At one point, I felt like divorcing him, but I decided not to, as he is a gem of a person. He is so good that I consider him a blessing. Although i am dealing with the curse of infertility because of his issues!

10. muthu60

muthu60 New IL'ite

Hi Elsa,

I understand ur pain as I too have gone through dis for 5 years ttc exactly the same feeling as u avoided all friends
    Now am blessed vid baby boy

Don't lose hope u vil b pregnant soon don't worry
    Miracles happen
    One of my friend had faced diff pbm n was worried ttc more dan 6 years
    now she is blessed vid twins

B positive