1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Child With Autism

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by chanchitra, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

2. sslkgpaa

sslkgpaa Gold IL'ite

I think this is a very quick way of jumping to conclusions. If kids falling sick can lead to autism then most of the slum kids in India who grow up playing in dirt piles and whose childhood is completely surrounded by diarrhea, cold and other sickness should be first in risk factor. But looks like kids in the highly developed countries (like USA, Japan and Denmark) are on top of the list.
    Again how can a child going to daycare be attributed with this risk factor, where you yourself said that those high on the risk were the kids who lack social simulation.

Doctors much more knowledgeable than you and me are trying to find the root cause for this, I am sure if it were that simple that observe few people around find something common and get a root cause, it would have been eliminated by now.

dia3, SunPa and Sunshine04 like this.
  3. Sunshine04

Yes.Mothers are mentally happy in USA than in India.The are lots of Indian families with kids living in the same apartment community,so social interaction is better here.
    Doctors are more alert nowadays as they are trying to catch the autism young.Finally there is no stigma associated with diagnosis of autism.it is good for the child to get early intervention services.

sindmani, Sandhya13 and sslkgpaa like this.
  4. Meet9

Meet9 Silver IL'ite

I dont say that there is stigma attached to it, but my point was if there is no issue why are you making an issue.... do you know some perfectly normal people are now under ASD just because their personality is little different....like th emild cases which look "normal" to someone, actually in good old days would be having a personality different from others...we have introverts, extroverts, expressive and non-expressive people...I have issues with such people being bought under ASD.....of course, when the child needs help in social skills, definitely I am in favor of all the therapies etc...

5. Sunshine04

Meet,in my experience Drs in India pump kids with medicines and antibiotics.in USA, the Dr usually prescribes only after fever lasting more than 3 days.

sindmani likes this.
  6. Sunshine04

Vaccines may cause autism.
    Nowadays autism is in rise everywhere.
    GMO foods, toxins, is a reason.
    I also noticed autism is more in IT families

sindmani likes this.
  7. Meet9

Meet9 Silver IL'ite

I have had opposite experience

In both mine and toddler health cases, I have had the opposite experience, I stayed in India for 5 months, at one point my child had asymptomatic UTI, if it were here I know we would be undergoing a lot of invasive testing but my local ped there assured me to let him drink more fluids first and keep a check if he develops fever then they would take steps...and anyways re test after a week.. which I was comfortable with..thankfully his was resolved on its own within a week..

8. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi All,

This is a very sensitive topic. We may have different beliefs and thoughts but when it comes to medical facts/speculations, unless it is proved, let's try not to cause unnecessary confusion and panic among parents.

Do stick to the OP's question and not digress in this thread. I hope you all understand.

Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    dia3, sindmani and Laks09 like this.
  9. Sunshine04

Update.
    My kid is improving. Still nonverbal
    My husband has started verbal abuse again.
    I am stuck now.

10. Sunshine04

Ladies.give me some advice on how to deal with this guy.
    Keeping divorce as last option