Interesting Material To Go Through.........

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Goodgod, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

*LAW OF KARMA*

After Kurukshetra war,
    Dhritrarashtra asked Krishna,
    “I had 100 sons.
    All of them were killed.
    Why?

Krishna replied,
    “50 lifetimes ago,
    You were a hunter.
    While hunting,
    You tried to shoot a male bird.
    It flew away.
    In anger,
    You ruthlessly slaughtered the 100 baby birds in the nest.
    Father-bird had to watch in helpless agony.
    Because you caused that father-bird the pain of seeing the death of his 100 sons,
    You too had to bear the pain of your 100 sons dying.

Dhritarastra said,
    “Ok,
    But why did I have to wait for fifty lifetimes?”
    Krishna answered, “You were accumulating
    ' Punya' during the last
    fifty lifetimes to get 100 sons -
    Because that requires a lot of Punya .
    Then you got the reaction for the 'Paap' (sin) that you have done fifty lifetimes ago.”

Krishna says in the Bhagavad-gita (4.17) "Gahana Karmano Gatih"
    The way in which action and reaction works is very complex.
    God knows best which reaction has to be given at what time in what condition.
    Therefore,
    Some reaction may come in this lifetime,
    Some in the next and Some in a distant future lifetime.

There is a saying,
    *“The mills of God grind slow;*
    but,
    *They grind exceedingly fine.”*
    *So, every single action will be accounted for*,
    *SOONER OR LATER*

Srimad Bhagavatam gives example:
    If we have a cowshed with 1000 calves and
    If we leave a mother cow there,
    She will easily find out where her calf is among those thousands.
    She has this Mystical Ability.

Similarly,
    *Our karma will find us among the millions on this planet.*
    *There may be thousands going on the road but only one meets with an accident*
    *It is not by chance,*
    *It's by KARMA.*

*Thus,the LAW OF KARMA works exceedingly fine;*
    it may be
    *'SLOW TO ACT',*
    but
    ' *NO ONE CAN ESCAPE '*

Suja9 and Raniz like this.
  2. Raniz

Raniz Platinum IL'ite

A Chinese Story About Harmony

On a rainy night of New Year’s eve, a lonely little girl was saddened by the disagreements that brought upon her family members.

Little girl sadly said, “It’s Chinese New Year’s Eve, but it’s been raining all day long. New Year is coming but everyone is not in a good mood. Brother insists on buying a new motor cycle. Dad, Mom, and Brother are quarreling about it again.”

Dad told to Brother, “Can’t you use the old motorcycle ? You just know how to spend money!”
    Mom also said to Brother,”The economy is bad, why don’t you just use the old one ?”
    Brother angrily said, “The old motorcycle breaks down all the time, you can use it ! I won’t !”
    “It’s your fault. You have spoiled him !”, Dad said to Mom.

Little girl asked herself, “It’s New Year, but why is everyone unhappy ?”.
    “Kitty, can you tell me how to make everyone happy for the New Year?”, asked the little girl to her cat.

Then, outside the window, the little girl looked four old men were coming, “Dad, Mom, look ! Brother, come and see, quick !”
    Mom said to the old men, “Ah, it’s raining so heavily, Sirs, please come in for shelter !”
    Old man #1 said, “Haha, thank you for your kindness, Madam. But we have a rule, only one of the four of us can come in. Who do you wish to invite in ?”
    The four old men then introduced themselves one by one.
    Old man #2 : “I am Wealth.”
    Old man #3 : “I am Success.” 

Old man #4 : “I am Well-being.”
    Old man #1 said with a laugh, “Haha, everyone call me Harmony.”
    Dad said to the four old men, “Surely we should invite in Wealth, then we can have a comfortable life !”
    Brother said, “No, no, choose Success ! I want my family to be proud of me !”
    Mom said, “Wait a moment ! I think Well-being is the most important !”
    Dad exclaimed, “Wealth !”
    Brother exclaimed, “Success !”
    Mom exclaimed, “Well-being !”
    Little girl asked to her mother, “Mom, Mom, What is harmony ? Why don’t you invite in Harmony ?”
    Dad said, “Yes, you’re right ! Why don’t we invite in Harmony ? New Year is here, we should be harmonious. Let’s invite Mr. Harmony in, then !”
    Seeing that all of the four old men came in together, little girl’s father said,
    “Eh ? I thought you said only one of you can come in ? Why did all of you come in ?”
    Old men #1 replied,”Haha, we have another rule. If Harmony enters, Well-being, Success and Wealth will follow.”
    Little girl happily said, “Now I understand. To be happy is to be in harmony.”

We have the same story in India too.

vaidehi71, Goodgod and Suja9 like this.
  3. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

Once a dog ran into a museum where all the walls, the ceilng, the door and even the floor were made of mirror.
    Seeing this the dog froze in surprise in the middle of the hall, a whole pack of dogs surrounded it from all sides, from above and below.
    Just in case, the dog bared his teeth, all the reflections responded to it in the same way.
    Frightened, the dog frantically barked. The reflections imitated the bark and increased it many times. The dog barked even harder and the echo was keeping up. The dog tossed from one side to another, biting the air - his reflections also tossed around snapping their teeth.
    Next day in the morning, the museum security guards found the miserable dog, lifeless and surrounded by a million reflections of lifeless dogs.
    There was nobody, who would make any harm to the dog.
    The dog died by fighting with his own reflections.
    The world doesn't bring good or evil on its own.
    Everything that is happening around us is the reflection of our own thoughts, feelings, wishes and actions.
    The World is a big mirror.
    Strike a good pose!
    Smile from deep within.
    Life is beautiful.

4. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

God alone is real and all else unreal. Water alone is real; its bubbles appear and disappear. They disappear into the very water from which they rise.

The goal of human life is to love God. He is born in vain, who, having attained the human birth, so difficult to get, does not attempt to realise God in this very life

Truthfulness is the austerity of this age.

Bhakti is the one essential thing. To be sure, God exists in all beings. Who, then, is a devotee? He whose mind dwells on God. But this is not possible as long as one has egotism and vanity. The water of God's grace cannot collect on the high mound of egotism. It runs down.

Sri Ramakrishna Paramhamsa

vaidehi71 and Raniz like this.
  5. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

My boss drove a luxury car everyday and it was my duty to greet him and to open the gates for him, as I worked as a watchman in his villa.

But he never responded back to my greetings.

One day he saw me opening the garbage bags outside the villa in search for any left over food. But, as usual he never even looked at me, it was like as if he never saw anything!

The very next day I saw a paper bag at the same place, but it was clean and the food inside was covered well. It was fresh and good food like someone had just brought it from the supermarket.

I didn't bother as to where it came from, I just took the paper bag and I was so happy about it.

Every day I found this paper bag at the same place with fresh vegetables and all that we needed for home. This became my daily routine. I was eating and sharing this food with my wife and kids.

I was wondering who this fool could be?! To forget his paper bag full of fresh food everyday.

One day there was a big problem in the villa and I was told that my boss has died.

There were too many guests coming to the villa that day and I didn't get any food that day, so I thought that one of the guests must have taken it.

But the same thing happened the 2nd day, the 3rd day and the 4th day.

It went on like this for a few weeks and I found it difficult to provide food for my family, so I decided to ask the wife of my boss for a raise in my salary or else I would quit my job as a watchman.

After I told her, she was shocked, and asked me, how come u never complained about your salary for the last 2 years? And why is this salary not enough for you now?!

I gave her so many excuses but she was never convinced!

Finally in the end, I decided to tell her the truth, I told her the entire story of the bag of groceries, and as to how it was my daily provision..

She then asked me as to when this stopped? I told her after the death of her husband. And then I realised that I stopped seeing the paper bag immediately after the death of my boss.

Why didn't I ever think of this before? That it was my boss who was providing this for me?

I guess it was because I never thought that a person who never replied to my greetings could ever be this generous!

His wife started to cry and I told her to please stop crying and that I'm really sorry that I asked for a raise, I didn't know that it was your husband who was providing me with the meals, il remain as a watchman and be happy to provide my service.

His wife told me, I'm crying bcoz I've finally found the 7th person my husband was giving this bag full of food. I knew my husband was giving 7 people everyday, I had already found the 6 people, and all these days I was searching for the 7th person. And today I found out.

From that day onwards, I started to receive the bag full of food again, bt this time his son was bringing it to my house and giving it to my hand.

But whenever I thanked him, he never replied! Just like his dad!

One day, I told him THANK YOU in a very loud voice! He replied back to me to please not be offended when he doesn't reply, because he has a hearing problem, just like his dad!

May God forgive us all, for we have all, as humans, judged another person without knowing the real story behind their actions..

May God forgive us all and guide us towards the right path in life.

NeetaR, Suja9, Raniz and 2 others like this.
  6. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

*1 - Inspite of so many colors - Black & White is considered Class.*
    *2 - Inspite of so manyq voices words & sounds - Silence is considered ultimate.*
    *3 - Inspite of so much to eat - Fasting is considered healthy.*
    *4 - Inspite of so much to travel & explore - Meditating under trees & mountains is considered superior.*
    *5 - Inspite of so much to see - Closing your eyes & looking within is Apex.*
    *6 - Inspite of listening to all the outside world - Voice from inside You is eternal.*
    *7 - Inspite of a Sweet charming Life - A Peaceful Soul is Solace & Divine.*

Raniz and vaidehi71 like this.
  7. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@Goodgod
    Touching story and like these sentences from that story and follow...
    "May God forgive us all, for we have all, as humans, judged another person without knowing the real story behind their actions and guide us towards the right path".....thanks for sharing here

Goodgod and vaidehi71 like this.
  8. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

*"Our Journey Together is so Short"*

A young lady sat in a bus. At the next stop a loud and grumpy old lady came and sat by her. She squeezed into the seat and bumped her with her numerous bags.

The person sitting on the other side of the young lady got upset, asked her
    *why she did not speak up and say something*.

The young lady responded with a smile:

"It is not necessary to be rude or argue
    over something so insignificant, the journey together is so short. I get off at the next stop."

This response deserves to be written in golden letters:

*"It is not necessary to argue over something so insignificant, our journey together is so short"*

If each one of us realized that our time here is so short; that to darken it with quarrels,
    futile arguments, not forgiving others, discontentment and a fault finding attitude would be a waste of time and energy.

Did someone break your heart? *Be calm, the journey is so short.*

Did someone betray, bully, cheat or humiliate you? *Be calm, forgive, the journey is so short.*

Whatever troubles anyone brings us, let us remember that *our journey together is so short.*

No one knows the duration of this journey. No one knows when their stop will come. *Our journey together is so short.*

Let us cherish friends and family. Let us be respectful, kind and forgiving to each other. Let us be filled with gratitude and gladness.

After all, *Our Journey Together is so Short!*

NeetaR, Suja9 and Raniz like this.
  9. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

Nice line from Ratan Tata's Lecture- in London
    Don't educate
    your children
    to be rich.
    Educate them
    to be Happy.
    So when
    they grow up
    they will know
    the value of things
    not the price

"Eat your food
    as your medicines.
    Otherwise
    you have to
    eat medicines
    as your food"

The One
    who loves you
    will never leave you
    because
    even if there are
    100 reasons
    to give up
    he will find
    one reason
    to hold on

There is
    a lot of difference
    between
    human being
    and being human.
    A Few understand it.

You are loved
    when you are born.
    You will be loved
    when you die.
    In between
    You have to manage...!

If u want to Walk Fast,
    Walk Alone..!
    But
    if u want to Walk Far,
    Walk Together..!!

Six Best Doctors in the World-
    1.Sunlight
    2.Rest
    3.Exercise
    4.Diet
    5.Self Confidence
    &
    6.Friends
    Maintain them in all stages of Life and enjoy healthy life

If you see the moon ..... You see the beauty of God ..... If you see the Sun ..... You see the power of God ..... And .... If you see the Mirror ..... You see the best Creation of GOD .... So Believe in YOURSELF..... :) :) :).

We all are tourists & God is our travel agent who
    already fixed all our Routes Reservations & Destinations
    So!
    Trust him & Enjoy the "Trip" called LIFE...

Raniz likes this.
  10. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

You are the one...
    You are that one who make a lot of difference in all our lives...
    God would have been a great sacrificer by giving you us....
    If You are n't there can't exist a family behind us.
    Love, care warm, sacrifice are your characters.
    Without you we stand nothing...lets keep the spirit of Women's in all of us and salute them......
    Happy women's day to you all the Women in this world...

Raniz likes this.