Finest Posts - February 2017 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Viswamitra, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My second nomination is by @justanothergirl - Adda Da Hangout!

The Adda Hangout thread has turned out to be the place to unhesitatingly ask questions, muse, ponder, or just be. It is mostly light, like an adda* should be, with sometimes some life lessons, and suggestions for amazon purchases thrown in. : ) I am glad JAG started it, if not, many thoughts would remain unspoken simply for lacking a suitable thread, and because we think it is not worthy of a separate thread, or because we shudder at the thought of the thought showing up in a thread by itself in 'Latest Posts.'

I hope more people will post in it. Would be nice to have more members in the Adda than just the usual suspects.

*So what does adda mean? For those who know the meaning and those who don't, and for JAG herself too : ) this will make for a short delightful reading: Adda (South Asian) - Wikipedia

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  2. Rihana

My last two nominations are by @kkrish

Solar System -- Size And Distance
    @kkrish has started an informative and easy to read and understand series on the solar system and its mysteries. Picked one from those to nominate. For those who keep planning to read about this topic, but never get around to it, these threads have easy to read pieces.

Instant Pot - Recipes
    Thanks to kkrish for starting yet another useful thread. Like many there say, they hadn't heard of Instant Pot till they read about it in IL. The thread has become the store house of many easy recipes. Members are kind enough to post enough detail that even I end up cooking something so nice that the man asks, 'You made it?' Ha ha.

Thank you, kkrish, for starting these threads.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  3. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi @knbg ,

Thanks a lot for nominating Shri Sai Satcharita Quiz for the finest post! More than that, I am really touched by the love and affection you have for me, as also other daughters and sisters in IL Family. What more I can ever like to have from our family?

My apologies for the delayed response. Some how I didn't get the notification.

May Sai Baba bless you and your family in abundance.

Om Sai Nath.

knbg likes this.
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @Rihana
    It is such a lovely surprise.
    I never expected it. Oh my, my vocabulary deserts me when I need it most!
    So let capture all my emotions in one word again...Thanks!:worship2:

Yes, I am working on the next article...should post in a few days... personal life changes had taken my attention elsewhere the past few weeks.

Rihana likes this.
  5. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Thank you Jayasala, I am honoured :) Regards, Lakshmi

6. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Second this nomination. I was telling kamala the other day she should write a book someday. Writing articles that kids and adults find both enjoyable and informative is a very difficult skill ...something that seems to come to her naturally.

kkrish likes this.
  7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

@justanothergirl .:worship2:Thanks a ton !
    Again I am bereft of words to thank you for the nomination and the lovely compliment.

Both, you and Rihana have raised the bar.
    I must begin paying more attention to the articles that they hold worthy this recognition by two important contributors to this forum.

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Rihana,

Thank you for nominating the thread Adda Da Hangout! started by @justanothergirl. I never understood what is meant by Adda until you have provided the link. I was reading it as Tamil saying "Adada!" Frankly, I am not at all qualified to talk about Tavas and anything that could be cooked in them.

Viswa

kkrish and Rihana like this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Rihana

Thank you for nominating @kkrish's threads Adda Da Hangout! and Instant Pot - Recipes.

I have read @kkrish's indusladies.com/community/threads/solar-system-iv-–-our-mother-earth.299047/ with keen interest and learned a lot out of it. As long as she is willing to teach, my enthusiasm to learn is sky high. She has already announced there is more coming in the near future and I am anxiously waiting for further threads on the subject. How in the world she came up with the idea to plot all the planets in a Saree?

Regarding Instant Pot - Recipes, I was reading every comment in that instant pot section with keen interest. You can't even begin to comprehend how a starving man when his wife is out of the country would read it! My keyboard was wet. Paav Bhaaji and Venpongal were my favorites. My wife is a big fan of OPOS cooking and told me to try it out when she is away but I never took the risk and went the traditional way. Why try something that would eventually turn out to be something like a glue? The instructions were to wait until the first or second whistle and then release the entire pressure. Too much to remember. :)

Viswa

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    justanothergirl, kkrish and Rihana like this.
  10. Rihana

So you will not post feedback in thread? :(

Viswamitra and kkrish like this.