1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Vent Out

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Lonely12, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Lonely12

Lonely12 Senior IL'ite

Dear friends,
    This is not my first post here. Could not remember my previous id to login.
    My story,
    I have a very unsatisfied married life. My husband is asexual. Married for 7 years. Had sex 2-3 times. Have one kid !! For the world we are perfect husband and wife. I hate to pretend in parties and outings.. really, it's becoming intolerable. At home, we talk only about finance, kid, parents. Nothing else. I don't even know if this is all a husband and wife would talk :( I don't know what a real marriage would be like. When I see my other friends and their loving husbands, I get jealous and upset secretively. Its very fake that we have. I am almost sure people around can sense it. I don't love him and neither want him anymore. That part is over. Only thing that reminds is the feeling of anger, the anger that because of him I can never have what every married woman would have. I am ok with the non sexual part. I can manage without that. But i see no love in between us. Life is mechanical. He functions like.. you do one house job, I do one. Its like a deal. Even if I am sick, the rule applies. I sense no care or affection. Worst part of all is he always behaves as if nothing is wrong between us and we are a perfect family. Till date I don't know if its his pretence or thats how he is. This kills me!!! I have tried enough from my side to make our relationship work but now I don't care anymore. So this is just a vent out... I don't know if any advice will change anything but atleast i have some ears. Thank you for reading patiently my long rant!

2. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

How can i PM you? i dont know...message me and i will reply...

3. Lonely12

Lonely12 Senior IL'ite

Yes, you can. I am not sure if I can. I am a new member.

4. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Because @Lonely12 , it is better to give suggestions private. That's why i asked..

5. SadMarried

SadMarried Silver IL'ite

Its so sad to be in such situations, i feel sorry for you. If you have tried everything to make it work , and its not working, can you come out of this marriage? are you financially independent? if yes i don't see reason of staying with asexual man with no love and affection otherwise too.

6. Lonely12

Lonely12 Senior IL'ite

I am financially independent. But I cannot come out this marriage because I am worried about our kid. He is a loving father though not a good husband. I would feel very selfish if I can't make this sacrifice for my kid. I would also be ruining peace in my parents life.

sumalynux likes this.
  7. SadMarried

SadMarried Silver IL'ite

I totally understand your situation. I'm also in my marriage for the sake of my kids and parents, but mine is lil different than urs. My husband also isn't lovey dovey but i have learnt to live without such expectations. He is very egoistic, doesn't value me as much as his family, very careless on spending.

Evaluate your situation and try to live for yourself too along with for kids and parents.

sumalynux and Lonely12 like this.
  8. Lonely12

Lonely12 Senior IL'ite

Thank you for your kind words. I am trying my best. But again there are good days and sad days. And now is one such moment when I am trying to go back to good day from a sad day.

SadMarried likes this.
  9. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Exact situation...

Irony is mine is love marriage... There was time where I used to feel there is no life without him.. Now I have learnt to live like roommates. No sex, no love, no strings attached only hook/link is our son between us I feel..

Guess m just struck in this marriage for my son n my parents

10. Lonely12

Lonely12 Senior IL'ite

Its sad to hear. I thought if mine had been a love marriage, things would have been different. But I guess this is just plain bad luck. I am always trying ways to fill the void but nothing is ever enough :(

sumalynux likes this.