Adda Da Hangout!

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by justanothergirl, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Regular fixed time weekly. It's so much better than finding a time slot every week. I also regularly have her come for additional work and that's whenever she is free.

Papers yes. If not it will sit in a neat pile out there and when I have company coming she'll shove it into whatever available draw she finds. Other things, she now know what goes where and puts it all away herself.

She has a key and I've made a separate alarm code for her. She is in and out independently. I leave a check.

I trust her with my son. She's one of the few trusted baby sitters I have handy. So the house is a given.

Hard to find someone like her is what I hear. Hard to keep too. I'm annoyed that she thinks she needs to move back to Mexico. I'm trying to tell her that she is a citizen and should stay put. It's hard on me when she doesn't come one week. Wonder what I'll do when she leaves.

Rihana likes this.
  2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You can use virtual walls to contain the Roomba, but I agree it is a bit of a pain to use. I have wool rugs that shed heavily and the Roomba's bins need emptying every 10 minutes! I now use mine only in the bedrooms where it does a good job especially under the bed, dresser etc.

Rihana likes this.
  3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have tentatively fixed Saturday mornings when the other three members of my family are out, but I always call and confirm ahead of time. Our weekends are usually quite packed so I juggle the timing around a lot. I do tidy a little before the maids show up. Clearing counter-tops and picking up toys, that sort of thing. I don't leave them unsupervised but try to stay out of their way.

Rihana likes this.
  4. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Couldn't you get a bean-bag-snake ? This is one of those long bags filled with beans. Some children's toy stores have them. If you put it at a threshold, roomba will hit it, and then turn around and go back. Or a child-gate for the entrance to the kitchen, if that is feasible ?
    A good life, has to be full of hacks. [This is another original Nonya.]
    Maid:
    Monday 11 AM to 2 PM. I meet the Maid, we greet, and then I wander off. Even if I wander off early, she has the key to the house. We have a maid-note book on dining room table. She writes notes on how the session went, and whether or not we need specific cleaning supplies .... ahem.... going forward.
    Floor has to be picked up before she comes.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    Rihana likes this.
  5. PepperPot

PepperPot Gold IL'ite

Yes, I trust that she is falling sick :cry: I like her otherwise. Yes, this is too much, 3 days off last week. Need to look for a new nanny:weary:

justanothergirl likes this.
  6. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Hmm...unfortunately in that case u have look for another one. I know how painful the process is. :sweat:

PepperPot likes this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Anyone watched Oscars live?

kkrish likes this.
  8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

I did, until 10pm Eastern.
    Was very happy to see Ms. Katherine Johnson honored.
    Those three women deserve it fully, not just for their scientific contributions, but for overcoming hurdles by excelling in what they do, to beat the system. That is strength.
    All three are finest examples of the "modern woman" (pudhumai penn) that Subramanya Bharathiar visualized.
    For those who are wondering which movie I am talking about, it is "Hidden Figures".

justanothergirl and Rihana like this.
  9. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana ..hey thanks...finest posts thread ..unchartered territories for me . :cool:

Rihana likes this.
  10. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

@Oscars...
    I think Ms. Priyanka Chopra must change her wardrobe consultant.
    Wrong colors, wrong designs for material...I feel even I know a thing or two about skin tones and the right colors, facial shape and the dresses to enhance looks !!
    Nicole Kidman was my favorite dressed of the evening.

Shanvy likes this.