Let's Fire Up Those Neurons!

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Jul 23, 2014.

1. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Aum.

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Solved with all the clues (worked backwards) @Viswamitra ...
    precious snow mountain

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

LOL. I got a clue when a friend called to cancel tomorrow's plans as she will be too sleepy to drive. : )

I think it was "easy" and took time as I took the "hard" way to search. That bird was major distraction, I'd say. : )

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Puzzle # 7821 - Answer

[​IMG]

"Kailash"

Image # 1 - For a place to be found, there has to be an indication of something that is famous in that place. I chose Yak to indicate the plate is in Tibet.

Image #2 - Kelasa in Sanskrit means Crystal and according to Wiki, the name Kailasa is derived from this word and hence this image is a Crystal to elude to the answer.

Image # 3 & 4 - These two combinations are given for directly deriving the answer. The key words here are "Precious Jewel" and "Snow". The Tibetan name of the mountain is Gangs Rin-po-che. Gangs or Kang is the Tibetan word for snow peak analogous to alp or himal; rinpoche is an honorific meaning "precious one" so the combined term can be translated "precious jewel of snows".

The first row gives away the answer and the second row is merely a validation.

Image #5, #6 & #7 - Sutlej (a tributary of Indus river), Brahamaputra and Karnali River (a tributary of the River Ganga) originate in Transhimalaya region in Tibet where Kailash is located.

Image #8 -The outer parihar or circumference for devotees to walk around Kailash is 32 miles. There is no car traffic here and if you like to use a vehicle instead of walking, you may have to use a Yak in image #1.

Interesting information:

One needs to take a Chinese Visa to visit Kailash. Every year, many devotees complete this pilgrimage of taking a shower in Manasarovar and have dharshan of Kailash. In order to discourage more devotees visiting every year, Chinese government kept this terrain in a condition with no facilities for people to stay and most stay in depleted buildings or tents. This is a very holy place for the Hindus, Jains, Buddihsts and Bon, a religion native to Tibet.

I had never been on this trip but many of my friends did. My target weight to commence this journey is 162 pounds and may be I can attempt it only in my next life. Because the air is very thin and oxygen in this high altitude is very low, many will faint due to lack of oxygen. Tibetans carry a coffin like box that supplies oxygen. If anyone faints due to lack of oxygen, they place the person inside the box in order to regain consciousness.

@Gauri03 gave an excellent clue that this puzzle is "timely" indicating Shivarathri, @justanothergirl also gave a clue, "I think I have to stay up the whole night to solve this". @kaniths posted a response "Aum" but pulled it out quickly not before @jskls captured it in her response.

Thank you everyone for solving this puzzle.

Viswa

5. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

My post is still there though? but without the 'like' acknowledgement, I thought I didn't get it right maybe.

6. Viswamitra

@kaniths,

My sincere apologies. I saw your response only in @jskls' response earlier. That is why I waited to acknowledge until I posted the answer.

@jskls,

I read your note that you have solved it but didn't read the spoiler with the comment, "Precious Snow Mountain" and hence I missed acknowledging your answer.

I also take this opportunity to acknowledge @Rihana and @kkrish for solving it.

Viswa

Gauri03, Rihana and kaniths like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Puzzle # 7839

I am going to keep posting puzzles until someone else comes up with another puzzle.

It is a very easy puzzle and all you need to find out is what I am talking about. Please don't give direct reference even in a Spoiler and please give a hint. Most importantly, let me know how many of these images you were able to relate.

IL Puzzle 03042017.jpg

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    T800 and Gauri03 like this.
  8. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

That was easy indeed! Don't want to spoil the puzzle with clues this early in the game. I've pm'ed you my answer.

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Yes, pretty easy! Although I may need to talk to you privately about body shaming, Viswa! Unless I'm mistaken, I think I can place all clues.:roflmao:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    Viswamitra and Gauri03 like this.
  10. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Booooom gotcha! :wink:

Except for the flags nothing in the first row I could, but clues in sec row helped (if my answer is right) :relaxed:

Viswamitra and Gauri03 like this.