1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Word Of Advice For Pre-wedding Conversation With Fiancee

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by kkdevi, Jan 29, 2017.

1. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

@kkdevi

Agree about everything ladies mentioned here. The most imp ones in this list- which are the foundations for marriage.
    1. finance- own, shared, family inheritance etc
    2. Personal and family relationships- including extended family and friends.
    3. expectations and priorities for both self and from partner- for health, food, personal time, family time, chores at home and outside, kids, sex, education, business, career, investments, fun/ hobbies, downtimes, charity, almost everything that is important to maintain healthy outlook towards a married life.
    4. ground rules with caveats- transparency, trust and faith, no running away from difficult situations, owning the responsibility, how much flexibility you want in ground rules

I know my list if too big in the whole pie. But try to discover more about the above in your conversations. I am a SWOT kinda girl. not everyone thinks in black and white. There are a lot of areas where you will not agree. Know what you can and can not accept in a relationship. They generally make the ground rules for you. At the same time, do not try to over analyze the conversations before marriage. We humans tend to be all romantic and hopeful and rosy in this stage of life. after marriage when the life gets back to usual, we may not agree to things we have said before marriage. So be patient and flexible. Trust when you take a step ahead and believe with all your heart that you have made a right choice.

Good luck!

kkdevi and madras2018 like this.
  2. kkdevi

kkdevi Gold IL'ite

Thanks so much ilites.. it helped..

3. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

@kkdevi I would suggest go for a pre marriage counseling. It will help both of you spend some quality time and help to understand what is marriage about. In some religion they suggest it as part of marriage tradition .I wish if every religion had same thing.

Most of the girls & boys enter into marriage with so much expectations and later realise life is not as we see in TV ..

A pre marriage counseling would be the best gift you guys can give yourself ( I don't know if it's possible to you ) All the best:thumbup:

4. samsWait

samsWait Silver IL'ite

I asked these
    Respect for my parents.
    Expectations from marriage
    Help in domestic chores

I did talk about finance too but found out soon after marriage that nothing discussed before marriage is going to be set in stone. Do pick a few which are very important for you and ask.

5. bron

bron Silver IL'ite

there is nothing u can talk with ir fiance with advices or practice..u need to be urself and natural