Preparation For Ivf...buddies Join Me

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by msms, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Sags

Sags Silver IL'ite

@Myladdu thank you for the information. How many sessions you had?

2. sunnysideup

sunnysideup Silver IL'ite

Hi Lovely Ladies,
    I thought of joining you as I would be preparing for a FET soon.
    A little about myself, I am 33 yrs old and am suffering from primary infertility due to low amh and male infertility factor. I have already undergone multiple ivf's before but it is always BFN. Since mine was repeated implantation failures I got many tests like TB PCR and endometrial scatching done. The doctor has not found anything significant. So right now I am taking medicines and will be checking my endometrial growth and receptivity. If everything goes well I will be going for a FET in a couple of months.

I want to ensure I leave no stone unturned while preparing for this IVF.
    Hence I would like to seek your support and suggestions to sail through this tough journey. Looking forward for a positive outcome

3. wish4miracle

wish4miracle Silver IL'ite

Thanks @jillcastle and @hoping4amiracle. I am going to temple. will pray for all of us here. I am happy your little ones are doing good and feeling good to be a companion of your happy journey.

Poppyseed to pumpkin: how big is your baby? (Photos)
    Let us know your size of the baby :blush:

hello @Sags and @sunnysideup, don't worry. your FET will be a successful one. we all will have our lo soon.

if you don't mind me asking, my doc dint tell me about endometrial scratching. with your post, i understand it is done for implantation failure. this is my first IVF cycle, should i need to ask about this in my fresh cycle or is it done only for FETs?

jillcastle and Sags like this.
  4. sunnysideup

sunnysideup Silver IL'ite

wish4miracle likes this.
  5. Sags

Sags Silver IL'ite

@wish4miracle thank you for your kind words . About scratching thing i had it during our fresh cycle as well. In our clinic they do it for both ivf and fet. Scratching thing improves your chances of implementation. There is no harm in getting it done and doesn't hurt much.

wish4miracle likes this.
  6. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

Thank you all for your wishes :)

@sunnysideup Just a small suggestion. Did you check with your doctor about Preimplantation genetic screening (PGS)? My doctor here recommends to do it in case of multiple IVF failures. It is used to eliminate embryos with chromosomal abnormalities, so it increases IVF success rates. Best wishes to you.

Loads of sticky baby dust to all ladies for the upcoming IVF cycles. You will all be in my prayers.

7. Myladdu

Myladdu Senior IL'ite

Sags I had just one session before embryo transfer. The centers acupuncturist comes to the center and do the procedure. Then within 15 20 minutes doctor will transfer the embryo.
    Ask your center if they have acupuncturist or you can call from outside.

8. Myladdu

Myladdu Senior IL'ite

Hi @sunnysideup as Jillcastle said PGS will help to identify the best embryo. Also instead of day 3 transfer sometimes day5 transfer will have higher rates of Implantation. At 5 th day the embryo will turn into a blastocyst. So comparing with embryo the blastocyst will have higher rate of implantation. My center only do the 5 day transfer with FET. Ask your doctor if they do 5 day transfer.
    I had FET with 5 day blastocyst .
    Wish you good luck .

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  9. Sags

Sags Silver IL'ite

@Myladdu oh ok. They do have one. Will ask them Surely. Thank you

Myladdu likes this.
  10. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

jillcastle likes this.