1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marriage Is Failing...help!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by pinky2cute, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

I'd bet some handsome guy might come, pretend to have fever, and get her to find the gumption to get rid of the current leasehold.

2. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

Pinky,
    Dear I admire the clarity in your thoughts and how you stood up for your parents when you felt they were being humiliated... There is nothing wrong in what you did..

You know exactly why you married your husband and what are your expectations from him..And from your replies, I think you still love your husband. Communicate, communicate, communicate with him... Ask him if he can tolerate any humiliations to his parents from your parents. Tell him you only did your duty as a daughter..Like a poster said above, dont say too much in love and too much in anger..( golden words). Only say your points.Talk to him daily. If he is worthy of your love and trust, he will understand you!!

Read Laks's reply above..If possible try to have some alone time with your husband. Ask him if he can meet you on weekends or sometime, when you both are free. Give your best to make your bond better. You try from your part, so you dont have to regret later.

Lastly, you are a professionally qualified young and beautiful woman. Dont let anyone to make you feel any less,just bacause your
    parents didn't meet your inlaw's demands. Good luck,dear!!!

3. shifas

shifas Bronze IL'ite

Hii @SGBV
    This post is the best reply or suggesion than anyone can give to the OP. I wish i had someone to tell like this wen i faced the same problem. As you say we win the battle but the end is nowhere. We have to live just like roomates for the sake of our kids. I think there should be a thread just mentioning for newly married girls. Sometimes we dont know what to do. We dont want to see our parents worrying so we endup making the inlaws mouth shut just like OP did.
    Now whatever you mentioned here is completely agreeable. But what about when the husband is not even spending money for household expenditure? What if the girl always depends on parents for everything? And still they expect big gifts from the brides parents side? In my case this is what happened and that is why i totally told my parents not to get them any gifts since i always felt like i am not a wife but just a servant who never gets paid.

4. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

Dear sir, out of all the 100+ posts on my this thread, I really am thankful to you because I felt like I was talking to my father indeed while in reality I can't so openly tell these marital issues to my father even though he has got to know that we bothare having some problems.

I'm like an elder son to my parents and I'm their strength. Hence I have never broke down infront of them because I know once they see tears in my eyes, they will weaken which i don't want to see. They are 60+ and too old to bear the pain which their daughter is going through.

Coming to my husband, as I mentioned, his immaturity to deal with marriage coupled with no efforts from his side to stand up for his wife when he knew what his parents are doing is wrong has escalated the anger in me which resulted in me directly threatening my fil with court case and all.
    I was even ready for separation and even now I have given an ultimatum for my husband...that till he changed and becomes my husband, I will not forgive him.

Problem is he knows he is wrong. He knows his parents are wrong.... but his parents have not brought him up well. They control his life right from when he gets up to when he sleeps. If they say the world is square, he will believe it blindly even though he is educated and knows it is not true.

His parents controlled his spending money on me during initial days n even now they know every single detail of what I buy or what he gets for me.... (even if its just 30rs bangles or 10rs chocolate!)

If I ask him about sharing his finances, he many times labelled me as money minded and asked me why am I so much into his finances! :/

Sometimes i really get angry and blame my fate and God for my troubles. These days many girls including my friends and colleagues get married to guys who are good looking and have settled in their lives with atleast own house and a car and some bank balance .... and here I am who chose to ignore materialistic things and just married the guy for his character hoping he would love me unconditionally and share his life with me...
    All i get in return is pain, broken heart and unconditional tears!

He needs to grow to deserve me as his wife. Else I will break this marriage with a heavy heart because I love him and I know he loves me, but love without trust, honesty, respect cannot survive a healthy marriage.

5. pinky2cute

Thanks a lot. I hope to meet him next week and firmly but calmly I will tell him what he needs to do for our marriage to survive...am planning to write my expectations from him as my husband and will hand it out to him.

Let's see how it goes.

shifas likes this.
  6. pinky2cute

Till now I was scared that I probably broke my marriage..... but after posting here and venting out and getting some really good advices....I calmed a lot.

I thought about my marriage and all the issues and now I feel I have given my 100% to make it work and I will still give my 200% and see ....if he puts efforts then we may end up as inseparable husband and wife...
    Else I'm prepared for the worst too.... to break free from an immature husband and greedy inlaws.

But one thing I know is that he is the only man in my life and even after separation, I will live alone and adopt a kid but never marry someone else.
    I love my husband. Marriage is just a legal paper but love is in the heart. It can't be erased.

sindmani, SGBV, Mistt and 1 other person like this.
  7. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

@pinky2cute when I read your post felt like my initial days of marriage.. difference is he used to bring me 5rs chocolate and later tell me can you transfer me some money !! When I look back I wonder how I survived ..

All you mentioned is typical scenario of a marriage life. Very rare people are blessed with true love,husband ,family etc. Kudos to you for standing up for your parents.Be independent,get a good job and get financially secured & mentally strong . All the best

sindmani, SGBV and yellowmango like this.
  8. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

I don't know but " writing on paper" !! It may turn out to be another joke for in laws.. trust me verbal is the best when you know you can't trust a person !!

sindmani, GoneGirl and yellowmango like this.
  9. pinky2cute

Thanks @penpaal
    He is probably not understanding that I'm a doctor and I have earned well before and even now after my post grad, I will earn probably more than him.
    But if ever we attain stability in marriage, its obvious I want to have a baby (dh wants baby now bt agreed to wait on my insistance owing to my studies and also our turbulence in married life).
    At that time he will be earning and he has to provide for me and baby.... hence I'm gonna make it clear to him when I meet him all these things.

I will talk to him normally but I will tell him he has to earn me now because he has broken me

sindmani and penpaal like this.
  10. pinky2cute

I agree. Thanks. I will jus talk.

penpaal likes this.