1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Did anyone try the wheatflour from Whole foods?

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by pman16, May 13, 2010.

1. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends,

I hear a lot about organic food at Whole foods.One such product which i heard about is the wheat flour available there. I saw that it is brown in color and looks good too. Before buying i wanted to know and get some reviews if anyone (in US) has been using it and does it taste better than the regular sujata atta available in US.

2. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

I have tried it. If you are health conscious, go for it!! But it is not completely like atta since i have seen some visible bran in it. My chapathis were little harder than usual and I blamed it on the flour instead of me. Now, I am back to indian atta which says . I use indian atta for chapathis but use the organic flour for other dishes.

You can try whole wheat pastry flour from whole foods. It is very fine but has less fibre than whole wheat flour.

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  3. sheshin

sheshin Gold IL'ite

I used it but not for regular chapathi. I used it in making cup cakes, cookies and cakes alternate to processed white flour. I got somewhat bitter and more dense cakes but I love to have anything alternate to white flour.

4. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite