100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Storm sent our backyard fence crashing into the neighbors' property yesterday. I haven't experienced a bigger positive come from a literal natural disaster. : ) Our neighbors are an elderly white couple, polite but reticent. In the past we'd nod or say the occasional hello as we passed each other on the street. Today we spent the day with them and their kids' families, shoring up the fences that line our properties, discussing contractors, drinking coffee and getting to know each other. They had such wonderful stories to tell about our neighborhood where they've lived for nearly 40 years! At the end of the day, my neighbor spoke for us all when she said, "Aren't we glad the wind knocked down the fence?!"

Also, I baked some bread! : )

vidhyanija, Mistt, radv and 8 others like this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have this new for-home footwear that is comfy and help with the lower back ache. But they are a bit squeaky. Each morning, I wake up, it is not daylight yet, I bend down in the early morning's darkness, grope for, find and pick up my slippers and slowly tip toe out of the room. I get this funny feeling that I am running away. Never fails to bring a smile on my face when I reach a zone safe enough to put them down, wear them and announce to the day, 'Here I come!'

kaniths, Laks09, GoneGirl and 3 others like this.
  3. PepperPot

PepperPot Gold IL'ite

I am back to feeling like a human being (albeit sub par) which is great progress from yesterday's pulpy single cell of misery that I had beaten myself up into.

Still feel like a #$%&, but a well-loved-#$%&. My husband pampered me (because I specifically asked him to.) Such niceties are not typical between us these days. I even have a 'cunning plan', one that will make me eat the live frog tomorrow instead of wallowing in self loathing for the next many weeks.

4. Gauri03

MIL and DIL shopping day. Introduced MIL to a Starbucks' latte. Had a wonderful time with her.

5. Gauri03

May your 'cunning planning' be a roaring success! : ) But seriously, 'swallowing the frog first thing' or 'front-loading your pain' as I heard someone call it recently is a mantra for a happy life. I've learned this the hard way -- suffering now is infinitely preferable to suffering later. Suffering later means suffering in the anticipation of suffering until the actual pain arrives! Might as well suffer once and be done with it. These days when my avoidance tendencies rear their head, I mutter to myself, "front-load your pain Gauri!"

6. rossie

rossie Gold IL'ite

Got my house keys.. So quick :) .. I am house rich and pocket poor now :tongueout:.. +ve Lots of shopping to be done.

ashima10, Rihana, rachaputi and 2 others like this.
  7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

After a long long long time she smiles, eats without complaining and most of all reaches for the snacks ... sometimes those simple pleasures boosts happiness

8. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

People have started inviting in WhatsApp for marriages instead of posting cards (faint)

Now a days being lazy, God has given me a chance to overcome it by stopping maid for few days.

Positive: market moving upside
    Mango rice good than expected :D

Negative: don't want to spoil my mood by reminding all those.

Rihana likes this.
  9. Gauri03

Got home after a damp, dull and dreary day, feeling madder than a wet hen. Found piping hot vada-sambar waiting for me. Felt instantly better. So grateful.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    Laks09, jskls, Srinidhi007 and 4 others like this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The IP (Instant Pot) and I now mingle very easily. Always wanted to use the word 'mingle'. Was a bit like an arranged marriage. Chose each other with enough thought, but took some time to get to know each other. Looks like spending time together without people around helps. Now, we understand each other well, and are forgiving of each other's faults and limitations. The family is very happy with what we produce, and asks for more. : )

Laks09, jskls, rachaputi and 3 others like this.