1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Traditional Desi Ware: Do You Mix & Match

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Kera, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

for those ladies who dress traditional, as in you are comfortable wearing desi clothes (saree, kameez, lehanga) & you have no desire to turn it into indo-western style....... do you mix/match your kameez/shalwar for new look?

I like the concept & obviously with western clothes I mix/match always. But I have never done it for desi clothes. The 3 piece suit was always worn as I purchased it. I don't know if its worth it

Anusuya likes this.

2. Anusuya

Anusuya Silver IL'ite

yes i do Mix n Match most of the times for salwar kameez.

3. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Kurthis are worn with western bottoms, jeans, leggings and such. You can even get Kurthi patterns from the American Store called J.C. Penny. It is not considered a "fashionable" store, but in the league of KMart, Walmart and Sears. Kurthis and leggings are popular wear for springtimes for highschool and college women.
    In some American highschools leggings (and yoga-midis) are not allowed, when the kurthi tops are too short. Teachers are opposed to suggestive frontal wedgies that girls display in that kind of pairings. Knee length tops are accepted, with both yoga pants and leggings.

4. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

I do wear knee length American dress with cardigan and skinny jeans. But that is my western look

But if you are visiting a desi family or attending a desi birthday.. do you wear kurthi with legging or stick to a salwar suit

5. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

I mix and match. Kurtis on jeans or Capris is usual wear for me. Also wear knee length or just above the knee length dress with leggings.

6. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Yes..i mix n match most of the times. It gives my wardrobe a nice lift without burning a hole in my pocket.

7. ShaliniRan

ShaliniRan New IL'ite

Mix and Match sometimes work depending upon the place you are in and the people out there who are also in a similar style of clothing.