Preparation For Ivf...buddies Join Me

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by msms, Jun 21, 2016.

1. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

@28neha Did you get the fertilization report? Hope you recover soon. TC and stay healthy.

2. hoping4amiracle

hoping4amiracle Gold IL'ite

@msms - LO is dng good as of now I hope..yes I had morning sickness n vommiting from the past few weeks.. Are you done with the break?? What is the plan now?? Don't worry dear..I too used to feel the same way when I took a 5 month break,even though I was away from TTC talk and thoughts..it was there in my mind.. Everything's going to be fine soon..be positive

3. Myladdu

Myladdu Senior IL'ite

Nega try to eat salty foods like buttermilk with little height salt also fries this will reduce the bloating. Drink lost of water. You you dot like pain water drink buttermilk or if you get flavored water i your place you can drink that.
    I drank lot of water and the Second day after retrieval we went toa restaurant where I had hash browns and fries. It helped me a lot.

4. Babyhope86

Babyhope86 Silver IL'ite

Dear IL friends....

Can anyone of you please clear my doubt...

I'm feeling too sleepy while doing work.. 8hrs fixed into the PC as a research analyst.. and I doze off during meetings wherein I somehow manage to keep my eyes open.. this sleepiness I'm facing for the past 3yrs after I started TTC...
    I do intake lots of water, eat fruits, healthy veg salads, juices, pulses etc.,
    Inspite I'm falling drowsy on my desk which makes me feel embarrased among my colleagues..

As I've already posted in my previous posts, I have PCOs+irregular periods, was on Metformin/Folic acid/Vitamins treatment till this Jan (1st IVF-implantation failed month), weight 76Kgs.. and was having estrogen/progesterone meds side effects also.
    I have stopped all medications now and not even taking 1 pill...
    just making myself let go off all the stress. I'm just concentrating on my work and eating healthy as far as I can..praying & being happy with DH. Days going alright.:blush:

But

if you also face the same situation whether due to the PCOS ? and any remedy measures...

advance thanks!

5. ashwinim3006

ashwinim3006 Gold IL'ite

@Babyhope86 hope u r doing good. As u mentioned about ur drowsiness, it's a common symptom in Pcos. It is usually due to the insulin resistance and increased insulin levels to compensate it in the body which makes u feel drowsy all the time especially if u had a high carb food. Also the metabolic rate in body is less. It's more common n pronounced in women with associated hypothyroidism in Pcos. So it's not only u who's going through embarrassment, but there are lot of women.
    U can reduce that with low carb diet, more proteins in ur breakfast, keep check on ur weight, since u r on metformin already so insulin resistance is already on-check. Have more fluids to prevent dehydration. Since urs is table-chair job, try taking breaks for in between n go around a bit instead of sticking onto same place for a long time. Hope this has helped. Tc. Baby dust to u :hello:

Babyhope86 likes this.
  6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Neha,
    Contraceptives are common with ivf. Don't worry. It won't harm. Drink any for of water.. Juice, tender coconut, buttermilk and so on. It will help you. Rest well too.
    During summer just ensure you get enough fluids. That should be enough.
    Hope all the follicles have fertilized well. Take care.

Keeping your mind away from TTC is the hardest task.. Its better to keep yourself occupied and busy in other tasks. That might help you. Keep a positive frame of mind each time TTC thought comes up. Tell yourself you are getting ready to hold your lo. You are being trained to grow your lo well. Stay calm and positive.

Baby dust to all TTC ladies.

7. Babyhope86

Babyhope86 Silver IL'ite

Dear @ashwinim3006 ,

I'm maximum trying to avoid carbs in my diet.. for lunch I take 2-3 chapatis with the steamed veggie stir or kootu like gravy.. For night only carbs is intaked in the form of Idli, dosa, upma etc., I'm unable to eat my planned diet because A I'm staying with in laws and it's hesitating to make separately for myself and eat. I have lots of ideas to eat salad/soup/only steamed veg kind of.
    I'm also gaining weight again after stopping the IVF meds. It's high time I should start exercising again and streamline a suitable diet . Yes as you said I think due to thyroid disturbances it is pronounced in me..
    The thing is I should get up and walk in between.. Will have to take breaks definitely!

Thanks for the suggestions!:)

Cheers & Baby dust to you too!

8. Sags

Sags Silver IL'ite

Hello ladies

Back from a quick vacation as it was our wedding anniversary . How are you all doing? @jillcastle and @hoping4amiracle how are you ladies holding up? I had a endometrial scratching done yesterday. Lupron from Thursday and ET on Mar 23rd.

vanicha likes this.
  9. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

jillcastle likes this.
  10. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

Thank you @Elsa :)

@Sags Happy anniversary dear. I wish you a strong BFP coming cycle. Hope you had a wonderful vacation. :) I have my first scan tomorrow. Praying everything should be fine.

Sags likes this.