1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

White Is The New Black

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Fashion is a strange thing. You really don’t know from where the inspiration comes from. It could be any goddamn thing. A Japanese designer was inspired by loads of plastic garbage. I personally have seen skirts made with leaves adorning PYTs at fashion shows. Whether it would be safe to go out in them is quite another matter. But you got to admit that the muse of fashion can strike anyone at any time. Even the most unfashionable guy who prides in sloppy dressing like me could be hit by the lightning of inspiration . Believe me I was hit by it this morning thanks to all that ruckus in Tamil Nadu assembly.

First, let us go back in the history of fashion. Let us take the case of jeans. In the beginning there were stone wash jeans. Stone wash may not have been anything unusual for most Indians ushed to bashing their clothes over stones to wash them in the pre-washing machine days but it was novel in the crazy US of A(Such things should have given anyone the inkling that this nation was quite capable of electing someone like Donnie Trump to the White House). Then came the acid wash which gave the jeans the worn out look and it became a hit. Finally some genius even got the idea of pumping bullets into jeans and called them bullet wash. Of course this trend did not last as Yanks considered it was a heinous sin to waste bullets on anything other than living creatures, including homo sapiens.

In this tradition of washes I have come up with my own idea—torn wash! No it is not some bungling dhobhi who inspired this. No humble washerman has a role in this. It is the MLAs of the TN assembly and their shenanigans during the confidence vote of the proxy chief minister E.Palanisamy that inspired this. Suddenly it became fashionable for MLAs, speaker downwards to claim that their shirt was torn thanks to the opposition or the watch and ward staff’s manhandling.

Some of the MLAs had real fashionable tears in their shirts. One of them had his entire rear portion of the shirt open revealing a rather handsome vest. The speaker’s shirt was just torn in the corner and the opposition leader’s shirt had lost a few buttons.

Those guys are really inspirational. They have inspired to come up with a new fashion trend. Tornwash shirts! Now don’t take this lightly. Tearing the shirt is a fine art. Any shirt can be torn but to tear it fashionably requires creativity. Particularly that shirt ripped off from rear looked really fashionable.

Stop laughing at those who tear their shirts in a fit of madness. Madness and creativity are like Siamese twins. What you consider madness could be inspiration to strike a new path in the world of fashion.

And in TN if you wear a torn shirt it could lead to increase in your prestige. You could be mistaken for an MLA. “”IS he nuts, is he a beggar, no he is our honourable legislator!”. And believe me you could prize the torn shirts so high that they would be a real rip off and you can laugh all the way to the bank.

Why only shirts? How about, say saris. Here too I found an inspiration. The great unquestioned leader of Tamil people now cooling her heels in Parappana Agrahara prison in Bangalore for corruption is forced to wear the prison uniform of white saris with a blue border. So in solidarity with her party ladies can wear white cotton saris with blue border. Soon white will become the new black.

PS: Please don’t rip your shirts after reading this. Taking this seriously could be injurious to your mental health.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017

2. Suja9

Suja9 Silver IL'ite

Salute Balajee-ku Salute (in Ramraj tune). Hilarious post :)

3. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Hi balajee.. good post..guess you got inspired by our MLAs ripped shirt fashion...:laughing:

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,
    i tore my hair off reading this.White sarees with blue borders eh ! HAHA
    How about torn Dhotis, or lungis or whatever they are called there. that could be a new trend too.
    Super man super.
    Regards
    kamal

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Great idea Kamalji .These guys can wear designer banians and chaddis underneath and torn shirts and dhotis will help them display the designer stuff. Otherwise what is the point in wearing a RalfphLauren brief or an Armani vest?

6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Great idea Kamalji .These guys can wear designer banians and chaddis underneath and torn shirts and dhotis will help them display the designer stuff. Otherwise what is the point in wearing a RalfphLauren brief or an Armani vest?

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

That's obvious isn't it.?

8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Suja9 thanks.

9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Balajee,

A very humorous introduction to the new fashion developing in Tamilnadu. When these MLAs who stand by the new proxy CM will get a lot of design in their clothing when they go to their respective constituencies. People are waiting for them. One of the MLAs tried entering his constituency but without any success.

You must have seen the cops carrying the opposition leader in a procession. Who can get an opportunity to be lifted by about 50 people when you are still alive? The opposition leader was kicking his legs throughout but the cops still held on to his legs to successfully complete the mission.

TN Assembly has the bad reputation of tearing off the Saree of the opposition leader in 1990s and nothing that happens in the TN Assembly will be new.

Viswa

poovai likes this.
  10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Viusw3a true. All the antics in the assembly only give rise to a sense of deja vu.. But this time the farce has been taken a bit too far. Stalin was probably kicking his legs to show that he hadn't kicked the bucket as yet and the cops need not rehearse his funeral procession.

Viswamitra likes this.