Interesting Material To Go Through.........

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Goodgod, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

WoW! Such a emotional advice:clap2: Absolutely true but it is very hard to follow. If we want to be happy then we need to follow her advice. Thanks for posting:thumbup:

Goodgod likes this.
  2. Raniz

Raniz Platinum IL'ite

The circle of joy

And old story tells that one day, a countryman knocked hard on a monastery door. When the monk tending the gates opened up, he was given a magnificent bunch of grapes.
    – Brother, these are the finest my vineyard has produced. I’ve come to bear them as a gift.
    – Thank you! I will take them to the Abbot immediately, he’ll be delighted with this.
    – No! I brought them for you. For whenever I knock on the door, it is you opens it. When I needed help because the crop was destroyed by drought, you gave me a piece of bread and a cup of wine every day.
    The monk held the grapes and spent the entire morning admiring it. And decided to deliver the gift to the Abbot, who had always encouraged him with words of wisdom.

The Abbot was very pleaded with the grapes, but he recalled that there was a sick brother in the monastery, and thought:
    “I’ll give him the grapes. Who knows, they may bring some joy to his life.”
    And that is what he did. But the grapes didn’t stay in the sick monk’s room for long, for he reflected:
    “The cook has looked after me for so long, feeding me only the best meals. I’m sure he will enjoy these.”
    The cook was amazed at the beauty of the grapes. So perfect that no one would appreciate them more than the sexton; many at the monastery considered him a holy man, he would be best qualified to value this marvel of nature.

The sexton, in turn, gave the grapes as a gift to the youngest novice, that he might understand that the work of God is in the smallest details of Creation. When the novice received them, he remembered the first time he came to the monastery, and of the person who had opened the gates for him; it was that gesture which allowed him to be among this community of people who knew how to value the wonders of life.

And so, just before nightfall, he took the grapes to the monk at the gates.
    – Eat and enjoy them – he said. – For you spend most of your time alone here, and these grapes will make you very happy.

The monk understood that the gift had been truly destined for him, and relished each of the grapes, before falling into a pleasant sleep.
    Thus the circle was closed; the circle of happiness and joy, which always shines brightly around generous people.

NeetaR, Goodgod and Suja9 like this.
  3. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

You are welcome. It is not at all hard if you take refuge in God.

Mistt and Raniz like this.
  4. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

A woman came out of her house and saw 3 old men with long white beards sitting in her front yard. She did not recognize them.

She said, “I don’t think I know you, but you must be hungry. Please come in and have something to eat.”

“Is the man of the house home?”, they asked.

“No”, she said. “He’s out.”

“Then we cannot come in”, they replied. In the evening when her husband came home, she told him what had happened.

“Go tell them I am home and invite them in!” The woman went out and invited the men in. “We do not go into a House together,” they replied.

“Why is that?” she wanted to know. One of the old men explained: “His name is Wealth,” he said pointing to one of his friends, and said pointing to another one, “He is Success, and I am Love.” Then he added, “Now go in and discuss with your husband which one of us you want in your home.”

The woman went in and told her husband what was said. Her husband was overjoyed. “How nice!!”, he said. “Since that is the case, let us invite Wealth. Let him come and fill our home with wealth!”

His wife disagreed. “My dear, why don’t we invite Success?”

Their daughter-in-law was listening from the other corner of the house. She jumped in with her own suggestion: “Would it not be better to invite Love? Our home will then be filled with love!”

“Let us heed our daughter-in-law’s advice,” said the husband to his wife. “Go out and invite Love to be our guest.”

The woman went out and asked the 3 old men, “Which one of you is Love? Please come in and be our guest.” Love got up and started walking toward the house. The other 2 also got up and followed him. Surprised, the lady asked Wealth and Success: “I only invited Love, Why are you coming in?”

The old men replied together: “If you had invited Wealth or Success, the other two of us would’ve stayed out, but since you invited Love, wherever He goes, we go with him. Wherever there is Love, there is also Wealth and Success!”

Suja9, Vijay50, Raniz and 1 other person like this.
  5. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

No more comments ....just accepting....:)

Goodgod likes this.
  6. Raniz

Raniz Platinum IL'ite

Appreciate Life’s Annoying Little Things

Lessons from 9/11, ( Twin tower) the annoying little things:

* As you might know, the head of a major company survived the tragedy of “9/11” in New York because his son started kindergarten.

* Another fellow was alive because it was his turn to bring donuts.

* One woman was late because her alarm clock didn’t go off in time.

* One was late because of being stuck on the NJ Turnpike because of an auto accident.

* One of them missed his bus.

* One spilled food on her clothes and had to take time to change.

* One’s car wouldn’t start.

* One went back to answer the telephone.

* One had a child that dawdled and didn’t get ready as soon as he should have.

* One couldn’t get a taxi.

* The one that struck me was the man who put on a new pair of shoes that morning, took the various means to get to work but before he got there, he developed a blister on his foot. He stopped at a drugstore to buy a Band-Aid. That is why he is alive today.

Now when I am stuck in traffic…

– miss an elevator…

– turn back to answer a ringing telephone…

– all the little things that annoy me…

– I think to myself…

this is exactly where God wants me to be at this very moment.

The next time your morning seems to be going wrong,

– the children are slow getting dressed,

– you can’t seem to find the car keys,

– you hit every traffic light…

– don’t get mad or frustrated;

God is at work watching over you.

May God continue to bless you with all those annoying little things – and may you remember and appreciate their possible purpose.

Goodgod, Mistt and Suja9 like this.
  7. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Hi Goodgod
    The title "interesting material to go through" is apt for this thread... I don't know where you are colllectiong all these stories but really worth to read... Thank you for sharing here and I have been reading one by one slowly...:)

Goodgod likes this.
  8. Raniz

Raniz Platinum IL'ite

Mr. Educated And Mr. Wisdom

Several years back Mr. Taleem Yafta (The Educated Person) was very famous for his knowledge and good speech. Once he was requested to deliver a lecture in a rural area. Mr. Taleem-Yafta went to his teacher Mr. Siana (Mr. Wisdom) and informed him that he will be visiting this village for the sermon.

“How will you go the Village”
    “I shall take the bus and then I shall have to walk for 15 minutes in the fields to reach the village where some people will be waiting for me to take me to the rest home”
    “In the fields there might be guard dogs taking care of sheep flock so they might harm you”

“Then I shall keep a stone with me to scare”
    “You won’t be able to control them with a stone; only one dog will run away when you throw the stone but rest of the dogs will attack you”
    “Then I shall take a big wood or tree branches to scare them”
    ” They might be 4-5 dogs and it will be hard for you to control all of them”

Now Mr. Taleem Yafta started pondering to find another solution. Since this was his first such experience so he had no idea about the solution however he didn’t want to feel insulted or ashamed in front of his teacher so he kept thinking for quite some time desperately. Then finally he asked Siana to advise him.
    The teacher replied: “Without disturbing any dog just go to the sheep flock boy and ask him that you want to cross the fields and he will assist you with assurance of no harm to you from any of his dogs”

For most of our problems we, the educated people, start making our own assumptions and logics to find the solutions. Sometimes we find good solution but in reality better solutions also exist for the same problem but we are not aware of those because of less knowledge or experience. Also we do not consider the real root of the issue, nor we consider taking advice from the relevant people. So in summary:

1. Asking questions or taking advice is not a bad thing at all as long as you are asking from your well wisher or from a stranger who is harmless.

2. For a decision having big impact in life, it is recommended to seek advice from multiple people. This will increase your horizon and expose you to wider angle of the situation and would give you more vision to consider multiple options for better decisions.

3. Developing Analytical Skills helps a lot. You can breakdown the big problem into smaller problems and then address them one by one, although this comment not applicable to this story)

4. Sometimes it's wise to behave like Mr. Siana to give advice to someone if you have good one. Mr. Siana's empathic approach explored the mind of Mr. Taleem-Yafta first and then gave him advice. He didn’t impose his comments all of a sudden instead he followed slow approach to understand the perspective of Taleem-Yafta and then shared his knowledge.

5. Gaining knowledge is equally good but without experience, the knowledge may not be helpful. The wise approach will be to learn things (knowledge) and then analyze from multiple angles in order to have an insightful understanding of things (wisdom).

Suja9 likes this.
  9. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

I am very happy Dear Mistt, that you are liking my this thread . Thank you.

Mistt likes this.
  10. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame