Participation In Il

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by Nonya, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

.. In the IL forum FAQ, there is an advisory from the Admin on "how to make friends on this forum". It advises them to post on the forum, and then write PM's to people with whom they want friendship. That seemed like a risky thing to do as well. Anyhow... those who want it ;) badly enough, may be writing a lot of PM's..... hunh?

Shanvy likes this.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Recieved a lot in the last 10yrs.

KashmirFlower likes this.
  3. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

:yum:do you think those are mostly annoying... or not so ? Perhaps in your 20K messages posted, there ought to have been enuf things to spur people on to writing you PM's in the 10 yrs.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Oh my 20k messages and who is counting. I am approached only if they really need help not becuae of some sparring or whatever you want to imagine.

I used to get pm's real estate buyers, school admission seeker and such. So the rest get ignored unless the message is from some wonderful friends i have made here

5. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

When new IL members register, and get a little enthusiastic in putting out their opinions on things, would longer time members send them PM's to advice/recommend/suggest to slow down or stop ? Perhaps the longer time members want to preserve the virginity <just so that i pay a bit of heed the thread topico_O > of the new comers a leetul longer ?

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I am not the moral police @Nonya and i do not have the time to do what you are suggesting and i personally believe the freedom to start the thread of their choice without the need of approval by moderators is something that must be the adv for many.

The best advice to myself is if i am not comfortable or if i find it silly or if i am not happy with the way,some post i will avoid that thread. Every thread or post need not comply with my beliefs or expectations

Nonya likes this.
  7. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Nonya and @Shanvy,

Moved the above messages from the other thread since these are more about participation in general in IL.

@Nonya
    We have always encouraged participating in the forum. As you may know that not only helps the OP with the responses, it also helps many who come across that discussion now and later.

We ask to send PMs when someone is wanting to extend their friendship with specific members or when they need more help from a specific member and if that involves exchanging any personal details. Again that's on a mutual trust and comfort basis. It is better to keep personal details as minimal in the forum posts to maintain their anonymity.

Nonya likes this.