Indian Girls On Virginity...interesting Videos..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

anika - May I ask why such "scandalous reveals" of modern life (articles or videos) pique your interest a lot? (The "life of modern girls in india" - in general, that topic gets lot your attention, curious, why?). Some fascination with the "boldness" of the "modern" girl(s)?

-i specifically added double quotes "modern" and also "boldness" - since it can be perceived when reality is different.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    anika987 likes this.
  2. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Shocking..I too belong to old school of thought :eek:
    The place in both videos is not Delhi but Mumbai..
    Nevertheless...Delhi is equally modern

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    anika987 likes this.
  3. NeetaR

NeetaR Silver IL'ite

Wooo.....these girls are so bold....could never think this was the India I left....:(

anika987 likes this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

This is just a small percentage of the 10% that they claim. I still prefer to think the 10% is not comfy with one night stands as such. So some media needs to be taken with a pinch of salt and we need to stop taking the wider brush as such..

Mistt likes this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

The videos I got as a watsapp forward and it did shock me.Shocked because these girls made me realize how old fashion and unliberal my thoughts are.

Problem is Indian society is judgmental and men no matter how much they claim they are all for bold girls ,they still are not!! This might affect their lives god knows what way..

Anyways I shared it as the videos showed how much culture has changed for me and no other reasons.Got so many responses as it piqued curiosity/interest just like it did to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2017
  6. Jlisabell

Jlisabell Bronze IL'ite

I personally think its not my business to say what they should say or not say in the videos. I believe its upto them and their family.

Having said that, I wouldn’t say nor would be comfortable with my kids saying it when they grow up. Certain things should be private whether in USA or India. Discussing with friends - OK. Talking to complete strangers - NO.

7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Again my only doubt is by proclaiming it in public ,do they like like they are super cool types or they have become sophisticated in sense..sometimes people especially youth do some things for the sake of "Bunda"..

If you are deep in love,sometimes the height of happiness translates to "making love".making love is different from sex.

Making love is beautiful and it's a special bond between two people.If they were deep in love and caught at the spur of the moment and they really want to be with each other,in a way that's respected.

Casual sex and one night stands seem to be ok.The other person might have some sickness,std,hiv what not.Not saying it might be there but what if?It might be unhealthy and risk of pregnancy is also there.sometimes protection does not work and birth control pills might.Not sure of our desi doctors back there recommend it to the youth and if it is legal.Even if they Get pregnant,it is not good for heir bodies to undergo abortion and in a way it is a sin.Mordern enough to make out but afraid about what the society might say if they conceive and become a single Mother.

Respecting their bodies had got nothing to do with being a virgin or not, but sharing it in the name of casual sex with some tom,dick and harry is not respectful to themselves.

Like how many men change after they become fathers to daughters,somehow get the feeling those girls will change after they become mothers themselves especially with daughters.It would be funny if they watch their own girls talk like the above and even more when they become teens.

Society can become mordern in the way of clothes,being liberal and we may be ok if other daughters or girls behave and act a certain way.we won't care but if it is our own daughter be it 2050 or 3050,it will hurt for a mother.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    keergops and soulful like this.
  8. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

^ Ok, understood the angst in above post, but my post or question is more about -

do we (you or any of us) have some proposal to reverse the trend among the younger generation in India or in other countries? Because often times we can create a thread to discuss these forwarded videos for few days or a week, and then move on to next topic. That's fine but that's more like a gossip about "indha kaalathula enna maadhiri ellam panraa paaru" conversation and few days later move onto next topic, next scandal news or video... Is that all or is the angst (your angst is right), also have a proposal on how to reverse? That's what I was lookin for...

And as a few have pointed out - All these pre-marital and late teen/early twenties hanky-pankies have existed even in 90s (not just 2000) in India, just that they keep it hidden back then, and now more open to express. Whats happening now is nothing new at all.

Regarding - "if its our own daughters" - best we can do is educate them about the good and bad and consequences (physical and emotional) and hope to raise them in a way where they make more judicious and age-appropriate choices.

9. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Anika welcome to 21st Century. Today's teen's do a lot of weed, have casual sex, don't really care what the society thinks- as long as they don't get pregnant/ fail and try to earn money. Life seems pretty good.

There is Tinder in India- that should shed light on how casual sex is considered in Metros.

I will post a prank call from Danish Sait have a good laugh listening to the prank call.

- Funny - Tindering Karunapriya - Danish Sait on Fever 104FM

madras2018 and anika987 like this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Exactly,like how sex education is prominent,we need to educate girls about right and wrong.Again as I mentioned,it is not about being a virgin or not but as you said,they need to make judicious and age appropriate choices and know when/what and why we are doing something.

It might sound funny but probably high schools can include a very diplomatic style of teaching the youth about "choices" and when and why we do something.

Secondly,Movies which depict romance needs to change.the fact is kids get carried and influenced by movies. mindless movies like "befikre" which teach about casual sex.Youngsters think that's the " cool thing to do" and just follow it like how they follow fashion.
    That should change.

Also,movies should teach about the reality of life.Truth is most of us do get influenced by movies a lot.Be it lifestyle,living etc.reality should be showed.movies like vinnaithandi varuvaaya might look super but if they take part 2,the reality would be the lead actors having kids and taking them to school and have less time for romance.Movies should show the real life responsibilities too.

Like how media creates awareness about how kids are exploited,the youth should know the dangers of mindless indulgence.Life needs enjoyment but they have to be aware.they can also create YouTube videos or movies regarding the dangers which they might face.

Society is very influential.Movies,small YouTube videos,more awareness and even a small subject from
    High school can help the children.Also,parents can be more assertive and communicative to kids from small rather than being strict and aggressive.All these might help I feel