Indian Girls On Virginity...interesting Videos..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Feb 18, 2017.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Now, I admit I really feel so outdated and very old LOL. I left India a decade ago, and how times have changed!! The talks, the fashion, the thoughts and how forward thinking people are!

Few thoughts that came To my mind...

Are they proud to say they are on virgins and they feel they are in the "it" crowd?Wont their parents or well wishers see them on tv??Has society really changed???

Yes am not so mordern in thoughts maybe and the above videos shocked me.Maybe it's time I accept the reality and understand the current culture.

Anyways,very interesting videos..check it out :)
    Got the above videos as a whatsapp forward and after seeing it, realized there are zillion videos like that in YouTube.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2017
    dc24 and Shreema86 like this.

2. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

Wow! Really? This is not the India I had known. Well, then I am right there with you - old fashioned.

anika987 likes this.
  3. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

Wow, interesting... i think this is in delhi or some other metro . Small towns like where i come from highly doubt girls would be so frank on camera . Whether they are also thinking the same way is another story.

KashmirFlower and anika987 like this.
  4. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Threading eye brows, wearing lipstick, and removing facial fuzz were all used to be things that bad girls did to attract attention. ha..ha.. What is good for the gander...

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@anika987 i tell you, frequently that you need to dust the cobwebs off your memories of india. You need to observe closely how things have changed.

Livein is nowhere new and swinging was there even in the 90's well inside closets. And on virginity, few girls say it is just a tissue and why the furore over losing it.

And with change comes lot of things to be percieved differently.
    The "why should boys have all the fun" goes way beyond the scooter ad

Laxmi, yellowmango, Laks09 and 3 others like this.
  6. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Does this kind of depiction in videos go on to increase the violence against women and girls ?

I read news stories about girls getting attacked with acid bottles thrown on their faces, and cringe. And the guy(s) behind the attack had apparently been spurned by that girl. The attacker's justification ?.... "she puts out for everyone else, why not me ?". When the safety of girlchildren are assured, it would be ok for girls to go on videos and claim whatever they want; otherwise, they are putting themselves at great risk.

KashmirFlower and anika987 like this.
  7. Jlisabell

Jlisabell Bronze IL'ite

Maybe, saying it out loud on Camera is new but the subject itself is nothing new. Has been there for a long time. Talking about it even to close friends was hush hush.

But, today’s girls are very outspoken.

Naveenk and anika987 like this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Nonya
    I think so but pray it doesnot.
    Forget media, people who join IL in the first flush disclose a lot and then worry about how to delete those info.
    Sometimes it is do it in haste and repent in leisure. The addiction for those two minutes of fame or moments of attention is wreaking havoc.
    I believe media makes the violence scale go bad to worse to unimaginable levels.

I personally would want the old dd news style where the face of the reader alone expressed the incident unlike today's animated versions and the recaps and multiple replays of the same.

At the same time few shows that highlighted the crimes, the modus operandi and the lesson to take away definitely helped my daughter deal with a few such situations well.

masha6125, yellowmango and anika987 like this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Oh let us not start on the ads. I only wanted the tagline reference. Whoever coined it a big thumpsup.. reflects the change in thought process

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

why did we cheer those girls participating in jallikattu but are raising eyebrows if they talk about virginity. Just thinking loud

yellowmango and KashmirFlower like this.