1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Positive parenting

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by swt.charu, Mar 8, 2016.

1. ManuManasa

ManuManasa New IL'ite

Same story :(

2. momy

momy New IL'ite

hi moms,
    excellent thread. after i read this thread i registered myself in this site....... good parenting tips

Shanvy likes this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@swt.charu and @tuffyshri how are things now.

My young man is in uni now and recently one of his classmates came home with him. He says aunty "your son is so different" i ask him why? He gets angry if we make fun of others or we talk about our parents in singular and also does not allow me to talk about my sister in the hostel. And i am scared of taking him home. My mom cannot sit or come in from of me or my father when all of us sit and he will go and tell my mom come and sit with us aunty like you people do here. It is a recipe for disaster. Though i like him i have difficulty in accepting his ways of equality of gender. I cannot fight the system. That is how my family is.

Ppi is a feeling of satisfaction that ds is doing good. While the conversation with ds's classmate left a bitter taste. Ds says it is so difficult to prick into the male dominant attitude of the friend.

4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

My 6 yr old son is very bright. But he doesn't like to study anything more than 30 mins at home, that too during exam times only.
    Even though he knows the subject clearly, he makes mistakes and scores only 80-90% while a few other kids scores nearly upto 100% in each papers.

I know exams are out of question for young kids as him, and I should not force him towards it. But I feel, he could do better and be the class topper if he could focus a little more, since he understands the subjects and does really well.
    I feel like if he could taste the happiness of being a class topper, he will naturally sit down for studies, without me forcing him to.
    But on the other hand, I am reluctant to force this tiny fella like that. He really enjoys life, and plays out side of the house with his sister and does things creatively. So he is always busy and happy.

5. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Can you people suggest me something to restrict my son's over fun attitude. I had tried all the way s like lectures, scolding etc... These thing seriously making my anger and stress out of control. Literally making me cry. It may sounds awkward or crazy, trust it's driving me insane.

6. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

Please let him be happy. Don't force him. Library Genesis: Peter Gray - Free to Learn: Why Unleashing the Instinct to Play Will Make Our Children Happier, More Self-Reliant, and Better Students for Life

7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

How old is your son? 'Over fun' in which respect?

8. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

my son is 13 years old, he keep on teasing/bully me and DD for fun, but not in negative or irrespective way, such long episodes making me angry. I couldn't able to define the way how he does. uffff

Umanga likes this.
  9. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

Sounds like you have raised a wonderful boy. Just let him be.

rachaputi likes this.
  10. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

If it's not negative way then take that fun and enjoy. :) I guess schools are reopening soon in India when school opens he doesn't get enough time to make fun with anyone :p just make him busy with other stuff like sports, reading or on his interests.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    rachaputi likes this.