1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

About Skin Routine...please Suggest Please :-)

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Jeevasaro, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Jeevasaro

Jeevasaro Silver IL'ite

Hi IL's,
    Am 29 years now...I got so many breakouts in early 20's due to that i got black acne marks and pits (large pores).. My skin is very sensitive didn't work for any home remedies.. I went to skin doctor and she said that after child birth only hormone levels ( I have PCOD & irregular periods) will get suppress until that this acne will come again and again...So i thought to not to take any treatments... just using sun screen which she gave... Until that i need to cover up these marks and pits...
    So please suggest any foundations, Concealer and Compact powders which is best for large coverage of pores...
    I heard lot of good reviews about Maybelline matte pore less and Loreal true match foundation...
    I need your reviews and ideas for coving this acne marks and large pores :)

2. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

@Jeevasaro- I will suggest you to get acne clearing cream first. Clearing your acne first is the first goal. If you have 2 or 3 acne spots it ok for the makeup to cover up. If you have quite a bit, applying makeup sometimes can aggravate acne.

I am not familiar with Maybelline brand. Go to the store and talk to about your skin type routine with the cosmetic expert.

Go for a foundation which is suitable for your skin type- Find out if liquid foundation/ powder is best for your skin type.
    Alway use a clean brush. Your brushes have to be clean every time you use especially if you are dealing with acne's.
    If you have large pores- invest in a good primer. Primer helps quite a bit in reducing the pore visibility.

First find out what is your skin type. Is it combination skin or sensitive skin. There are different skin routine for different skin types.
    My skin routine usually follows like
    1. wash my face with face wash and pat dry it.
    2. Apply face moisturizer and leave it for 10 mins
    3. Apply primer leave it for 2-3 min.
    4. I use liquid foundation/ stick.
    5. Apply concealer and contour
    6. highlighter/ blush/ eye make up.
    7. Pressed powder to set it.
    8. Lipstick.

Lasts usually the whole day.

Jeevasaro likes this.
  3. Jeevasaro

Jeevasaro Silver IL'ite

Thank u so much dear :)... definitely will follow :)

4. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

You can follow some home made face packs daily to clear acne .
    Even child birth will not guarantee to get rid of acne/pimples.

I had breakouts before marriage which continues to even now (after DD born also).

since six months I have been following below routine. I can see some improvement in pores/acne/tan also.
    I can say in stretch of 2 months did not get single pimple. Pores are somehow look shimmer. I dont apply anything to conceal now.

Morning
    1. Take a spoonful of milk (whole/boiled/milk powder), add a pinch of wheat flour(Besan doesn't suit me).
    2. apply it just 5/10 min before bath . No need to scrub
    3. wash it off with luke warm water. Again gently
    4. wash it with mild soap . I use Johnson's baby soap.
    This will give nice glow. You can adjust milk quantity based on your skin type.
    Too much of wheat flour leads to dryness. Milk and flour balances out. Not too dry, not too much oiliness.

Night
    1. Keep potato slices in the freezer
    2. After few minutes, start rubbing gently on face . keep the same slices on eyes for cooling.
    You cna start this routine week after 1st tip.

believe it hardly takes 5-10 min to do this. Worth the pain than chemical ones.

This worked for Sister in law also.

Wish I had known this routine in my teen and twenties.

Jeevasaro likes this.
  5. Jeevasaro

Jeevasaro Silver IL'ite

6. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This video might give you an idea of how to use makeup to cover acne and scars. The products she uses are listed under the video.

To reduce the appearance of scars and pigmentation ask your dermatologist about professional chemical peels.

Jeevasaro likes this.